Chapter 34

Gregor was tired of the idiot Warriors. They were always showing up at terrible times. And for two years he was trapped away in their fortress after they brought him back to life (which, by the way, felt terrible), being tortured by "Greg." The Warriors of Notch kept him away from the rest of the world until he was able to escape.

  And now, as he looked up at the Warriors as they stood on the buildings above him, he wished like the Nether that they would just dissapear.

  He drew his sword, but Stevia flashed him a look that told him to put it away. As if he was going to listen to her after she betrayed them.

  "I may be someone's clone from 50 years ago," said Stevia, "but that doesn't meant I don't hate Herobrine like heck. We offer you a simple deal."

  Gregor gritted his teeth. "I have a clone made by Notch in my image. When his corpse fell to the ground I was as happy as I've ever been. And let me tell you that whoever you're the clone of is most certainly a better person than you."

  "Gregor," muttered Ridge. "Listen to the deal."

  The words made Gregor want to punch a hole in the wall. Why were they taking her side?

  "You, former members of the HH, want to kill Herobrine," said Stevia. "And so do we. That's the whole point of the Warriors of Notch, anyway. So we'll let you live if you come to kill Herobrine with us."

  Jane's blue eyes burned. "That's a Ghast of a deal if I've ever heard one."

  Stevia shook her head, and Gregor wondered how she looked so calm. "We're giving you exactly what you want. And you don't have to do anything. If you accept now, we could be outside of Herobrine's secret palace in five minutes."

  Grace and Lora looked warily at each other.

  "And how do you suppose you're going to do that?" Asked Ben.

  "Simple. We've invented something amazing that allows a person to travel over vast distances in a manner of seconds." Stevia reminded Gregor of the people who promoted products in the comercials that came on before Minecraft Gaming videos.

  "What do you call it?" 

  Grinning, Stevia said, "It's called a command block."

...

  Bradley brought out his sword from Ender's body. He, Braden, and Rax watched, wondering what to do.

  But Enderbrine simply grinned, and the gaping hole in his stomach dissapeared. "You'll have to do more than that."

  Braden didn't know whether to cry in relief or sadness. Ender was alive, but so was Herobrine.

  "Bradley," he said. "Stop. We'll find another way to kill him. This isn't right. We can't kill Ender, he's our friend."

  But his friend didn't look so sure. His blonde locks swung around his face, giving him a demented look. His sword was still at his side, ready to be used.

  However, it didn't need to be. A blast of light fixed in Braden's head and he instantly shut his eyes. His skull was suddenly filled with a searing pain. As he fell to the ground, it was still like he could feel the light around him.

  Then it was like someone flicked the switch as it all went black.

...

  I was floating. At least, it felt like it. I looked down on my friends. They were all in a tunnel, and it was illuminated with a bright, firey light. And with a gasp, I saw my own body on the ground. My thought was, I have to get back in there.

  Next to my body was a figure I recognized. My whole being groaned, "Herobrine."

  "You two?" He was saying. I wondered who he was talking to, and I think they were inside that light. In my bodyless, state, I wondered if I could move down to where I could see them. I willed myself lower and imediately found myself trying to scream. I was flooded with pain. That made me decide to stay where I was.

  "You thought you'd seen the last of us?" Asked one of the people in the fire. "Think again."

  For the first time, I heard Herobrine with an actual sound of fear in his voice. "But I killed you both. I killed you thousands of years ago." It'd never occurred to me that Herobrine was so old, but that still wasn't my top priority as I tried to think of anyone who was alive thousands of years ago.

  "We're done with you. The world is done with you," another voice said. This one was female. "No one loves you." She paused for a second before laughing. "Is that a look of rememberance I see? Has someone said that to you before? Was it one of the countless people you've killed?

  "Did they remind you of how weak you are? Yeah, we've heard of Gregor. News travels quickly in this modern world, and we know all about your final battle with him." She paused for a second, like she was thinking of what to say, but in the five seconds I've heard this chick talk, I knew she never hesitated. "His last words: 'No matter how powerful you are, you are so very weak,' was it?

  "You see, Herobrine, I agree with that statement. The weakest man in Minecraft can also be the most powerful. That's the great moral divide between strength and power. Strength isn't somethin you obtain. It's something you earn. In all your centuries of living, you'd think you would have learned that."

  Herobrine roared, like all the words were hammers hacking at his brain. "Shut up! I am more than you could ever be! What are you doing here?"

  The girl just laughed, along with her companion, who she next spoke to. "You know, I think he's afraid to say our names. Doesn't he sound afraid?"

  "I am not!"

  "Then say them. Little Hero. That's what you used to call yourself, remember. I do. Back when you were a child all you wanted to do was save the world. Now you want to destroy it. I wonder what changed your mind." She sighed, as if the conversation was casual and not taking place in a flaming inferno. "No matter. I'd just like to hear our names spoken. No one's said them to us in such a long time."

  "I don't want to say your names."

  The voice that came next was of the male companion, and deathly quiet. It chilled me and made me want to curl up in a ball.

  "Say our names. Hero," said the voice. I felt like crying, and I didn't know why.

  Herobrine gritted his teeth.

  "Steve, Alex."