Chapter 21

Oh my gosh I'm so sorry I have not updated. I've just been working on my friend's birthday present. I'm writing her a book soooo yeah. Sorry and hope you enjoy.

  I glanced around the room as if evil scientists would suddenly come out and try to kill us. The sword in my hand felt more heavy, as if it had more purpose now.

  "Do you really think that?" Jane asked. "Do you think they harvest ML Exma here?"

  Rax hefted his axe. "If they do, they'll probably be here pretty soon. Who knows what will happen." He pointed to the vial in my hand. "What are we going to do with that?"

  I stared at the blue liquid I was holding. "Keep it. Who knows, it might be useful." Shrugging, I slipped it into my inventory.

  Not looking so sure, Rax said, "Be careful. The Warriors of Notch use that, and I don't exactly trust them."

  I nodded, just to make him happy. "So now what?"

  Jane looked around the room. "I guess we keep exploring. If this is their secret lab, it's bound to have valuable information."

  Rax glanced about warily. "I'm not so sure about this idea. I'm all for stealth and that kind of thing, but we should probably focus on saving Ben, right?"

  That got Jane off my side and onto his. 

  "No," I say. "This could be our key to saving him." But I know they're right. Ben was to be executed in almost less than a day. We needed to be putting all our energy into his rescue.

  Suddenly, a voice echoed through the chamber.

  "Ender?" It said.

  I recognized that voice.

...

  Five Hours Earlier

  Gregor was ready to go. They were to be traveling all day, searching for the secret labs. And Jane. Oh Jane. To see Jane again would be to breathe for the first time.

  What in Notch's name am I thinking? Gregor wondered. Seeing Ben again would be no different than seeing Jane. Why was he so hung up on her?

  "You ready to go?" Bradley asked, surprising Gregor.

  "Yeah," he stammered. "Let's do this thing."

  They walked for the next four hours until they found anything. They'd made it into the Mountains of Moran. Gregor was not happy to see them again. Not one bit.

  The rugged beauty of the stone structures didn't get to him. They couyld sport all the pine trees and snow they wanted, but all they could do was remind him of the terrible two years he spent trapped.

  After a little while, they found something. It wasn't hard. There was just a trap door next to a spruce tree, sitting there as though it wanted them to find it.

  'Well that's convenient," Braden said, slinging his bow over his back.

  They decended into the darkness. Nothing was around them until Art lit a torch. They were in a small hallway. Not saying anything, they kept forward, searching for whatever they could find.

  "This could be our key to saving him," a voice echoed down the hallways.

  Everyone froze. "Who was that?" Maria hissed, drawing a bow.

  Gregor shook his head. "It sounded like Ender."

  Bradley raised an eyebrow. "The last we saw of him, well, you saw it."

  Gregor nodded. He remembered too well the sight of Ender being dragged away with a fresh arrow in his back. He remembered even more the feeling that there was nothing he could do.

  Then suddenly, without warning, Maria called out, "Ender?"

  "What are you doing?" Art whispered to the other girl, looking like she wanted to slap her in the face.

  Maria shrugged. "I have a feeling it's him."

  They all waited for a second, not know what to do. What could they do? 

  They had no options until a voice replied back.

  "Maria?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  Hey. Sorry it's short.

  Thoughts on the chapter?

  dont forget to VOTE-

Jane