Chapter 4

4 years earlier

Gregor released the string and one by one, 4 arrows shot off towards the stack of hay blocks. They were completely off target, and making a mess everywhere, but it worked. His new, fully automatic bow worked.

He wanted to squeal out of giddiness. After mons of working, his new bow worked.

"Excuse me, young man?" And angry voice asked from behind. Gregor whipped around and saw a furious farmer storming toward him.

Gregor'd forgotten that he was testing his new invention inside the actual village. This particular farmer's stack of hay bales was now demolished.

"I wes testing out my new bow," Gregor said in a small voice, lifting his silver invention.

The farmer took it from him. "Are you in the army, boy?" He asked. Gregor shook his head no. "Are you a hunter?" No again.

"Then you probably don't need this," the farmer concluded, beginning to bend the bow Gregor'd spent ages making.

It was too much. "No!" Gregor cried.

"What is happening here?"

The farmer stopped bending the bow immediately.

It was Gregor's father. He was walking toward them. In the town, he was well known at stopping conflict, but also at being mysterious in things concerning myths. No one knew he would later be possessed by Herobrine.

"Just a mistake," the farmer assured him, hastily handing back Gregor's automatic.

"I'm sure," his father said, "that Gregor here can just clean up that mess over there and craft you a new stack, no?" He pointed to the mess of hay.

"Shouldn't be too hard," Gregor nodded.

It took him all day and night.
...

Present day

I jumped away from a stab off Ben's sword.

Quickly, I ran and slung my bow over my shoulder, beginning to climb a birch tree.

Once at the top, I brought out my bow again. At least I had the advantage of ranged attack. Ben, standing where we had started, aimed his sword at me, as if it could shoot me.

A fireball exploded from the tip of the sword and flew straight towards me.

Oh crap, I thought. So much for ranged advantages.

I swatted the fireball away with my bow (I'd heard of people doing that with ghasts). The fireball shot towards Ben and lit the floor around him ablaze.

He leapt back and looked at me, anger in his blue eyes.

I shrugged and loaded my bow, aiming it at him.

Arrows rapidly shot towards Ben. It was a good thing I had infinity enchanted onto it.

A guilty sense of glee came by watching Ben scramble around, trying to avoid getting shot. I even hit him a few times.

"Stop!" He yelled, climbing behind a rock, away from my onslaught.

Dang, I thought.

Ben shot another fireball from Herobrine's Sword, this time, not at me, but the tree I was standing on. It set on fire instantly. All I could do was jump out.

I lost my first health of the battle from fall damage, even though it was only half a heart.

Now I was in the open. Ben realized this and looked a bit smug, aiming his sword, his totally overpowered sword, at me. Fireballs upon fireballs began to burst from the end.

And I had no time to move.

I'd only ever been on fire once in my life before. It was when I was mining alone and feel into lava. I had barely survived that encounter, and I hoped I could survive this one. But chances weren't looking so good.

My whole body was burning and I was dropping hearts fast.

I ran as quickly as I could to the nearest stream. The second I walked in, the flames on me stopped. Ironaically, I'd never had a better feeling.

As I looked over, I gasped and saw Ben rushing towards me with his sword out in front of him.

Not really knowing what to do, I simply ran away.

As he chased me, we neared the edge of the arena and I saw a chest. My curiosity was too much to leave it alone.

Inside was a splash potion of speed. I cheered internally.

I splashed it at my feet and felt the potion flow through my body. It kind of tickled.

Now able to go anywhere quickly, I spun around and sped towards Ben. The look of surprise on his face was priceless.

I ran past him so fast that he couldn't hurt me.

After I passed him, I turned around and fired a few more arrows.

They all hit him. Ben fell to the ground.

"Ender! Please! Don't shoot!"

------------------------------

Like the flashback?

Don't forget to vote!