Chapter 47

Hi sorry I have to leave a small note before the actual chapter but please read

So this week is the week before winter break

yay!

But I will have a lot of homework and tests

boo

So this update will be late.

I will work on it as much as possible but I have to be still for a little while because I got into a small car accident today (Sunday) and I could have a slight concussion.

But enough about me.

It's time for the chapter

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mercy's POV

I was laying in the grass in the cove, staring at the clouds roll in. They were dark grey and quite large, indicating a storm. I sighed.

"You know Toothless we should probably go tell dad that a storm might come." I said to the dragon who was laying beside me with his tail around me.

"I already found out." He said.I screamed and jumped backwards, alerting Toothless, and almost falling into the lake. Dad only laughed.

"Oh you may be laughing now but I'll get you." I threatened as I regained my balance. "So what are you doing here?"

"I need Toothless to help me fix a hole in the ceiling of the Great Hall."

"Let me guess, the twins?"

"Good guess, but it was Snotlout."

"So I need to go back to the village?" I asked.

"Sadly yes. I don't like you being alone."

"I know I know." I stated with a small chuckle.

"By the way tomorrow we're having our family portrait done in the Great Hall."

"What why? I thought that was just for the Chief and the heir to the position?"

"I thought I might mix it up. That other way is too old school." he shrugged and walked out of the cove, followed by Toothless. I stayed in the grass for a moment before hearing footsteps crunch a twig behind me.

"Guess who's getting her family portrait done tomorrow." I told sarcastically.

"Aw what's so bad about that? You get to have a picture of you and your family hung in the Great Hall for future generations to see." Cody answered without a greeting.

"Having your picture painted means you have to be still for hours. I can barely stand still for ten minutes." I stated as I shifted my feet. "See?"

"Don't overthink it. You tend to do that."

"Do what?"

"Overthink the simplest things." He shrugged. "You'll be fine. It's just a painting."

"You're right." I mumbled.

"And besides," He began as he stood up and began to walk towards the village, but then stopped. "You'll look beautiful no matter what." He finished and left, leaving me dumbfounded and surprisingly happy. I bit my lip slightly and stared at my refection in the calm waters. His words echoed through my head as if my head was a hollow, dark and moist cave.

'You'll look beautiful no matter what'. Did he actually mean it? Or was it just something silly to cheer me up? I stood from the grass and began my walk back to the village.