Chapter 22

So this is sort of a test update.

It will be a literal chapter but I'm going to write it all at once to see if it's the savings that's having problems.

Let's hope this works!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Astrid's POV

I woke up in the morning remembering the time me and Hiccup spent together last night. It was probably the best night of our lives, even though it was just a simple night at home. I blinked open my eyes and heard a crash downstairs. I shook Hiccup's shoulders.

"Hiccup wake up for Thor's sake I think there's someone in the house!" I whispered as loud as I could. He finally blinked his eyes open. I swear he sleeps like a rock.

"What's going on?" He said and rubbed his eyes. There was another crash from downstairs. He sat straight up and started tip-toeing towards the door, then slowly downstairs. I watched him from the top of the staircase. He took out inferno and walked around the corner into the kitchen, making me not be able to see him anymore. "What are you doing?" I heard him ask someone. I walked down the stairs and to the kitchen. I saw the entire ban gathered in the kitchen, pots and pans covering the floor. I stood there awkwardly while they just froze like statues.

"...surprise...?" Allysa said as another pot fell onto the floor, hitting Snotlout's foot.

"OW!" He complained.

"Quit griping you big baby." Ruffnut sassed. Allysa walked over to me.

"If I were you, I would go get some clothes on." She whispered in my ear. I looked down at myself and noticed I was only wearing a t-shirt and really short shorts.

"Oh Gods!" I yelled and ran upstairs. I put on my normal blue leggings and wrapped myself in a blanket. I grabbed Hiccup's green long sleeve, remembering he's still downstairs, shirtless. I ran back down and have him his shirt. He slipped into it and everyone relaxed.

"So what are you guys doing here?" I spoke.

"Well we were going to make you breakfast in celebration of no one getting hurt for a month!" Allysa shouted.

"That can't be the reason you guys are here." Hiccup said flatly.

"Okay she lied. We're actually here because we found something in the ocean." Snotlout said in a low voice that have me the chills.

"Well what did you guys find?" I asked.

"There was a lot of wood pieces floating, and on one of those pieces of wood, was this." Allysa said sadly and Fishlegs pulled something from behind his back. I looked at it and gasped. I took the object from Fishlegs's hands. I turned to Hiccup, only to find him not there. Stoick's helmet.

"How could this possibly have survived?" I asked.

"I don't know but Valka told us to bring it here. She said she couldn't possibly keep something like that from Hiccup." Snotlout stated.

"He must be devastated. I'll go find him, you guys just hang around and do what you you do." I said. I put on my skirt and fur coat, then mounted Stormfly. Toothless was nowhere to be seen so he must've flown somewhere.

I checked the cove and the cliffs, but there was no sign of him around all of Berk. There's only two more places I can think of. Itchy Armpit and Valka's Sanctuary. I'll check Itchy Armpit first. I flew there in about 30 minutes, and once I landed. I saw him dangling his feet over the edge of the cliff, shoulders slumped downwards and head hanging. I walked slowly and placed a hand on his shoulder. I sat next to him and dangled my feet.

"Are you going to be okay?" I asked. He sighed.

"I don't know Astrid. Seeing the helmet just broke me. We already have his cloak at the house, but we're keeping that helmet." He said sadly. I saw his eyes rimming with tears and could tell he was fighting to keep them back.

"Hiccup it's okay to cry. That just shows you're human." I said and rested my head on his shoulder. A single tears rolled slowly down his cheek.

"I miss him Astrid." He said and looked up over the horizon.

"I miss him too Hiccup. But you can't let this destroy you. That's not what he would want. He would want you to be a happy father and spend time with your wife and daughter." I said. He looked at me and gave me a small grin. He just gave me a hug. I hugged back and we stayed like that until we heard the beat of a dragons wings, then the sound of a heavy dragon land. I saw red hair emerge from the orange leaves if bushes and tree trunks. Hiccup turned his head and noticed her too.

"Oh hi Allysa." He said and turned back towards the cliff.

"You guys alright? You kinda disappeared on us." She said sadly.

"We'll be okay." I responded.

"There's someone who came with me to see you guys." She said and gestured to the short, scrawny girl with dark blonde hair and stunning green eyes.

"Hi mom." Mercy said. Hiccup turned his head to an angle where you could only see one of his eyes. "Hi dad." She walked over to us and sat on her knees. I pulled her in for a hug. We stayed like that for a while, and soon enough, Hiccup joined in. Nobody spoke or moved a muscle. Once we all separated, we just sat in a small triangle.

"Are you alright Mercy?" I asked.

"Sort of but I'm more worried about you guys." She said. I remembered that she still didn't know much about Stoick ever since her amnesia.

"Don't sorry about us. It's us who should be worrying about you." Hiccup said.

"Nothing wrong with a little change every now and then is there?" She said and smiled.

~~~~~~~~~

Yes I know short update

I think it worked though

If it didn't

I'll keep trying

~Astrid