Chapter 18

Hiccup's POV

Getting Mercy her memory back is getting difficult. I'm not really sure what else we're missing. We have the forge stuff, things with the dragons, she remembers Astrid and I, now I think all that's left is here remembering the gang. We told them to meet us at the academy so they could re-introduce themselves. I woke up and heard laughing downstairs. I went down and saw Mercy and Astrid eating breakfast together. Astrid was eating chicken. I thought she would be having soup. And Mercy is eating a fish.

"Well someone is finally out of their soup phase." I said.

"I don't know chicken sounded good this morning. Maybe I could put chicken in my soup. I'm gonna try it." Astrid said and took her leftover chicken to the kitchen.

"Morning dad." Mercy said and took another bite of fish.

"Remember anything new?"

"No but I do have a question, but I'm gonna ask mom." She said.

"Well what's the question?"

"I don't know Mom told me it might make you feel a little sad and I can't do that to you."

"Just ask me the question." She sighed after I said that.

"Who was that statue?" She said. I took a deep breath.

"That is your grandpa. He was a very great man that passed away when you were just a baby. Just know he loved you very much, and would've done anyhing for you." I said and walked out. It was a little saddening that she didn't remember Dad, but I can't blame her. She got amnesia and the only one to blame is Dagur. And I will get my revenge on him for doing this.

Mercy's POV

"I really think he was hurt by my question though." I said.

"Well of course it's going to hurt him your grandfather raised Hiccup by himslef for 20 years. They had grown very attached. And when he passed away, he was a wreck. But he's okay now. I think." Mom replied.

"I just wished I remembered something about him!"

"Well there isn't much fo you to remember about him. He passed away when you were still in the craddle. The only thing you should remember is that he loved you. Want some more fish?"

"No I lost my appetite." I said and handed the half eaten fish to Toothless. "I'm gonna go for a walk."

"Take Toothless with you." Mom said.

"Ok. Come on Toothless." I said and walked out the door.

I decided to head to the cove. I really like it there. It just holds a lot of precious memories and it's a great spot for me to go and clear my head. I went down the rocks and under the sheild to the cove. AN dto my surprise, dad was here.

"Hey dad." I said sadly.

"Oh hey what are you doing here?" He asked as he turned around from the rock he was sitting on.

"I just needed to think." I said. I heard scratching and turned around to see Toothless stuck under the sheild. I started to giggle a little bit, but then realized he got himself pretty stuck.

"Hang on bud let me help you." Dad said and went over to Toothless, who was still clawing the ground.

"Uh what are you spposed to do? The shield is stuck more then Toothless."

"Who said I was going to push the shield?" He said and pushed Toothless back and out from under the shield. They both fell backwards with a stumble. I laughed.

"Okay that was funny!" I said and started laughing again.

"Well I had to get him out somehow." He said and sood up, while brushing durt off his armor.