Chapter 41

Hiccup's POV
"There you two are. Where did you go?" I asked as Mercy and Jade walked towards me.
"I gave her a tour around Berk. Nothing special." Mercy explained.
"Nothing special? If you did nothing special, how come your suit is opened?" She widened her eyes and pursed her lips. She sighed and slumped her shoulders.
"Ok fine so I took her for a little flight with Toothless and showed her my suit."She admitted. I laughed under my breath. I pat her shoulder.
"You didn't have to hide that from me."
"I know."
"Let's eat. You both must be hungry."
"Oh starving sir." Jade stated excitedly. I turned and faced her.
"You can call me Hiccup." She nodded and I walked towards the table where the others were, followed by Mercy and Jade.
Cody's POV
I walked into the Great Hall and saw Mercy with another girl next to her father. I went over and tapped her shoulder. She looked at me as I waved her in my direction. She stood up and walked towards me, followed by the other girl.
"Hey what's-" Mercy began.
"I'm so sorry I missed meeting you at the docks this morning I overslept and then I went down there but you weren't there and I looked everywhere for you until I saw you land here with Toothless so-" I said in the fastest voice I could possibly ever use.
"It's fine." She replied.
"Are you sure?"
"Yes."
"Okay. So who's this?" I questioned and motioned to the girl standing on Mercy's right side.
"Oh Cody this is Jade. Jade, Cody." She introduced. "Jade is from the Akomish Tribe on Catalina Island."
"I've heard about that place. I hear it's really organized."
"That doesn't even begin to explain it." Jade stated flatly. "The island runs like the most advanced piece of technology in the world."
"Sounds... fun?"
"It actually isn't. No one gets to do what they want. We're all assigned jobs. I hope my dad will learn something about a well-run island while we're here."
"Okay with introductions out of the way, let's head back inside and eat. I'm starving." Mercy said and started walking in, followed by Jade and then me.
/~inside~\
"Seriously though she was nuts! She like busted through walls and broke locks!" I said loudly, making Mercy slightly blush.
"I was just trying to get out of there. And I wasn't 'busting down walls'." Mercy stated.
"So you don't remember the stone wall you busted through, making your head bleed?"
"Mercy you busted down a stone wall?!" Jade questioned. "That's awesome!"
"It really wasn't anything huge."
"Give yourself more credit if you weren't so brave we would either still be on that island or dead." I spoke. "I swear you were like invincible."
"How were you not scared? You were on a foreign island with some weird dude and you weren't scared?" Jade expressed.
"Who said I wasn't." Mercy said, silencing both Jade and I. We both looked at each other, then her.
"I highly doubt that. Just a half an hour ago you jumped off a dragon!" Jade phrased.
"That was different."
"It still takes bravery."
"Which you have an abundance of." I interrupted. Mercy bit her lip. Aw she's so cute when she does that. Wait what.
"Oh look at that my parents are heading home. I uh- guess I should go with them uh see- see you tomorrow!" She said awkwardly and ran to join her family, leaving me and Jade. She gave me a blank stare.
"You totally like her." Jade flatley stated.
"What- that's- that- do you know how rediculous that is?" stuttered.
"Rediculously right." She retorted.
"Okay fine. You got me." I sighed.
"That's adorable." She stated and scooted out her chair, then stood up. "Honeslty, just tell her. Nothing could really go wrong." Jade finished and walked away before I could ask her how. I decided to head home, so I stood up and walked through the large wooden doors.
How could I tell her without seeming weird? Her dad said no dating until she was 15, I would have to wait another 5 years until we could actually get into anything serious. That of course depends on if she likes me back or not.
Geez Cody get a hold of yourself.
I'll tell her, but I have to do it at a good time. Maybe just spend a few hours with her and then tell her. What could possibly go wrong?
/~le next day~\
Mercy's POV
I was eating breakfast with mom and dad in silence. I guess no one really had anything to say. I'll admit, it's a little awkward. It looks like mom and dad are having some sort of telepathic conversation that I can't hear. Is that possible?
"So what are your plans today Mercy?" Mom asked, breaking the silence.
"Uh nothing special. Probably just hang out with Jade and Cody. Maybe show Jade the cove and some cool areas."
"Sounds like fun. Just be careful and don't get kidnapped."
"Thanks mom like I can really control when that happens." I stated in a sarcastic manner, then walkedout of the house and towards where Jade was staying.
/~at Jade's~\
I walked up the 3 little steps, which are completely pointless being there. I knocked on the door and about 3 seconds later, her little brother opened the door.
"Hi! Do you know where Jade is?" I asked sweetly.
"Yeah." He replied in the happy tone.
"Could you go grab her and bring her here for me?" He nodded and ran off towards another room. A minute later Jade turned the corner and walked over.
"Hey. I see you met Jake." She greeted.
"Yeah." I replied.
"So what are we doing today?"
"I don't know. I was thinking I would just show you the cove and this other place Toothless and I found. It's super cool."
"Sounds like fun. Let's go."
"Hold on we gotta get Cody too. He hasn't seen it yet."
"Can't he just meet us there?" She groaned.
"Not if he doesn't know where it is!" I replied sarcastically. "He lives like 3 houses from my house."
"But your house is up that hill." She stated. "And I do not want to try to walk up those stairs. Knowing me I would probably trip."
"Don't worry I've fallen on those stairs plenty of times. I think we should fix them. Make them better and not trip people."
"I like that idea." She whispered loudly as I knocked on Cody's door. He opened it with a half-tired look.
"Wanna see something cool?" I asked. He shut the door, leaving me and Jade in confusion. He opened it a minute later, dressed in normal clothes and a less tired looking face."
"I'm in." He said and stepped out as a breeze blew by. "Oh it's cold hold on I want my vest." He went inside for about 30 seconds, then came out with a white wool vest. "Much better."
"You know that was just a breeze right?" Jade asked sarcastically.
"Who knows how many more could come." He replied.
"You two bicker like and old married couple." I said and starting walking ahead of them. They stopped dead in there tracks, looked at each other for a second, then released disgusted groans.
"That will NOT happen." Jade sassed.
"Alright." I put my hands slightly up. "Let's just keep moving." Mercy stated as her and the other two walked towards the cove.
"So where are we going exactly?" Cody questioned.
"I found this awesome place down by the cove. You'll like it." She said.
"We won't get in trouble will we?"
"You're not getting cold feet are you?" Jade asked, sounding annoyed.
"No! I'm just curious." Cody admitted.

"Well you'll find out where we going when we get there." Jade sassed.

"Do you know?"

"...no." Jade mumbled.

"Would you two cut that out we're almost there." I said as we walked into the cove.

"Uh I've already been here." Cody said.

"Same here." Jade agreed.

"You haven't seen all of it though." I said and took off my boots. "I hope you can swim."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Greetings readers.

I don't know what happened for most of that with the spacing and stuff I updated the mobile app while a chapter was in progress and it did that and I haven't gottn a chance to fix it because I already tried and it went back to looking like that.

Next one I hope won't look like that though.

Anyway, I'm finally done with the dance show but I'm going to a football game against our rival school tonight.

So I will start the update now or tomorrow.

But tomorrow I'm seeing Big Hero 6 so idk

Anyway

See you next update!

~Astrid