Chapter 11

~day after Snoggletog~

Astrid's POV

I woke up at about 9 am since we stayed out pretty late last night. Then I remembered what Hiccup gave me last night.  I am still in awe he made me my own flight suit. I got up and tried on the suit. It fit perfectly! I wonder how he knew what size to make everything though. Eh who cares. I walked downstairs and made myself breakfast. This suit is actually as comfortable as my normal outfit. I sat down and started eating my soup. I don't know why but I just really wanted soup.

"How's the suit fit?" Hiccup asked as he came through the front door.

"It fits perfectly! How did you know my size?"

"I measured your clothes when you were out with Stormfly. I was going to make a skirt, but the flight sui seemed better. Why are you having soup? It's 9 in the morning." He asked.

"I don't know why but it sounded so good right now." He raised an eyebrow.

"You were just randomly craving soup?"

"Yes. Now lets test this suit I want to see how it works." I said and stood up.

"I should probably teach you about it first."

"I know how it works I've seen you do it."

"But that's watching not doing. Just let me teach you. Better blissful then bloody." 

I tried everything on the suit while Hiccup explained everything. I get it. You put your arms through the little strapy-things and then pull the wings and push the button for the back fin. It's not hard.

"Ok I've explaine everything. Now lets get in the air and try it." He said and I whistled for Stormfly. Once she landed behind me we flew up into the clouds. I will admit I was a little nervous to try it because it's isky, but I'm excited too! I've really actually always wanted to try it but Hiccup's suit would be way too big on me.

"Okay you ready Astrid?" Hiccup asked as he unclipped himself from Toothless and put his tail in automatic. He shut his helmet and i nodded.

He slid off of Toothless and I jumped off Stormfly. Stormfly glided below me while Toothless stayed next to Hiccup in case of quick rescue for either of us. We dove head first through the clouds until the ocean came into view.  

"On three, open your wings. One, two, three!" Hiccup shouted and I opened my wings. He did the same and we glided next to each other. This. Is. Amazing. We were gliding and I saw a dark purple dragon glide under us.

"Hey you guys know Mercy is running around the village without supervision right?" Allysa asked as she reached our level.

"What?! I thought she was asleep!" I shouted.

"Astrid this is Mercy we're talking about." Hiccup stated.

"True. Allysa can you go stop her and take her back to your house?"  I asked.

"Yeah by the way she's looking for Hiccup." Allysa said and flew down.

"Any specific reason she's looking for you?" I asked.

"Who knows a lot of people are always looking for me." He said."Toothless time to go bud!" Toothless flew over and Hiccup glided onto his back. I dropped down and landed on Stormfly's back. 

Once we landed at Allysa's house I knocked on the door.

"Come in!" I heard her shout from inside. I opened the door and walked in.

"Hey Allysa. Thanks for watching her for us. I didn't realize how much mischief she can get herself into." I said. "Where is she?"

"She's upstairs in the guest room." Allysa said.

"I'll go talk to her. She was looking for me after all." Hiccup said and walked upstairs.

Hiccup's POV

"What were you doing out there?" I asked once i shut the door to the guest room.

"I was looking for you. I woke up alone in the house so I looked for anyone, didn't find someone, then left because I thought you were out chiefing again!" She said and climbed on a beam.

"I know there's more to it then that Mercy."'

"Why is this so important? I'm safe and it's in the past. So let's just move on." She said and sat down on the beam and looked away. I sood up and grabbed her off the beam, then put her on the ground. I knelt down so we were at eye level.

"Mercy tell me what's wrong." She sighed.

"I just freaked out that was my first time ever waking up home alone. I didn't know what to do. So I looked for you or mom or Toothless but didn't find any of you. Then Auntie Allysa found me and brought me back here." She said with a hint of sadness.

"Were you afraid of what could happen when you're home alone?"

"I've heard all of those stories of kidnaping from Alvin and Dagur and I didn't want that to happen to me you were locked up and ready to be executed!"

"Look, I know the first time being alone is a little scary but it isn't too bad. As long as you know how to defend yourslef you'll be perfectly fine."

"I'm still young though even if I knew how to defend myself I could easily be taken by an adult." She had a point.

"You know what, how about we get you a dragon today. You and I can train it together and that way, you won't be so afraid when you're home alone next time." I responded.

"Really?" She said and looked up.

"Yes. Come on, Astrid is waiting for us." I said and we walked downstairs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys!

I hope ths chapter wasn't too short.

So school is on monday.

Gross.

Tomorrow I'm going to walk around my new school to try and familiarize myslef with where my classes are and where my locker is.

So updates will slow.

But I'll write when i can!

Stay awesome peeps!

~Astrid