Chapter 12

Astrid's POV

"WHAT?!?!" I shouted. "What are you thinking!?"

"Astrid it's time this happens she's been begging us!" He said calmly as I paced around the room.

"Hiccup she could get hurt or worse!" I panicked.

"She'll be fine I'm going to train her and teach her everything she needs to know." He said and stood up. I sighed and started to calm down. "I know you're worried for her safety but I'll be with her the entire time. You're more then welcome to come if you want to."

"I will be there. Now come on lets have dinner with the gang."  I said and walked to the door to go to the Great Hall.

Once we got there I grabbed a bowl and filled it with warm soup. I already noticed Hiccup sitting with the gang with a plate of chicken. I sat down next to Hiccup and he looked over at me.

"Soup again?" He asked with a slight giggle.

"Yes I don't know but soup just sounds really good lately." I said and started eating my soup.

"So Hiccup you never told us what those pieces of paper were for." Fishlegs said after he swalloed his chicken.

"Oh yeah I forgot you were running around and hiding folded up papers. So spill. What were they for?" Snotlout said.

"Alright since it's over, they were for a scavenger hunt for Astrid as part of her Snoggletog gift." He said and snaked his arm aound my waist.

"Scavenger hunt? So she had to search for her gift?" Tuffnut asked, which earned him a slap from Ruffnut.

"Yes you idiot!" She said loudly.

"Guys really can't you not fight for one second?" Fishlegs questioned. 

"Well yeah." Tuffnut started.

"But fighting is more fun." Ruffnut finished.

"Hey Hiccup, where's Mercy?" I asked.

"She went for a walk with Toothless. I'll go find them." He siad and walked out, leaving me with the gang.

Mercy's POV

"You know Toothless I really wish I could fly with you. But my parents would get mad at me." I said and layed back in the soft grass of the cove. I really love this place. Toothless gave a low grumble and walked towards the water. "Toothless what are you doing?" I asked.

He looked back at me and motioned his head towards the water. He then dunked his head in and started pulling out fish. He walked over and put one in front of me.

"Ok Hiccup may have eaten a raw fish for you but I will not." I said and gathered sticks. I placed them in a pile and Toothless lit it. "I will cook it and eat it though." I said.

I got comfortable and started eating my fish. I heard a ruslte in the bushes above us. Toothless growled and got into a defensive stance. while covering me with his wing. I pulled out my bow and drew back an arrow. The rustle came closer, and started coming into the cove.

"Easy bud I'm not an enemy." Toothless immediately calmed down and bounded over to dad.

"Oh hey. You just missed dinner." I said and sat back down next to my fish whick was now just a pile of bones.

"I ate at the Great Hall. You okay? You're never out for this long." He said and sat across from me.

"Yeah I was just thinking about what dragon I want. I was thinking about a Nadder since it would make mom happy."

"Don't get what will make everyone else happy. Get what will make you happy." He siad.

"Well I kinda like Changewings. And flightmares but there's no possible way we'll find one of those you, mom and Fishlegs drove it out to sea.

"And your mother doesn't really have a happy past with flightmares. Well you said you liked changewings."

"Well yeah but I dont think I would want one. I mean they're cool but I feel like there is something better for me. I do wish there was another night fury." I said and scratched his chin, hitting the spot that made him fall asleep. "Oops."

"It's ok he loves that."

"What dragon do you recommend for me?"

"I don't know. It really all depends on what you're looking for in the dragon."

"Well I want it to be average size so I can get onto it easily. I'm the size of a twig in the grass."

"Okay, so what I'm thinking is maybe we look through the book of dragons tomorrow, then once you make up your mind, we go search." He said.

"Sounds great." I said and started to climb a tree.

"What are you doing?"

"I wanna look at the stars." I said louldy so he could hear me. I was surprisingly high up for how long I've been climbing. Once I got to the top I looked around the cove. I saw something shaking a bush in the distance. "Hey Dad were you followed by any dragons when you came here?"

"No why what do you see?" Dad asked as he started taking out his sword.

"Something is making a bush shake."

"Okay stay up there I'm gonna go check it out." He said and started walking towards the bush at the top of the hill.

"No way it's a dragon I'm coming with you."

"Stay behind Toothless then I'm not putting your life in risk." He said sternly. Well that's the first time I've ever heard that tone. I stood behind Toothless and looked at the bush. "What in Thor's name is this doing here?"

"What is it?" I asked excitedly. I ran over behind dad and peered my head around his arm. "Is that what I think it is?"

"You're correct. Mercy, we just found a Skrill."

~~~~~~~~~

Sorry if it's late.

I just started school today and I'm already counting down the days until it's over.

But it won't be that bad all of my teachers are nice.

Anyway

I hope you liked the chapter go ahead and vote to show yor support I really appreciate it.

Share this with your fellow hiccstrid shippers too!

See you guys later!

~Astrid