¹⁷𝐘/𝐧'𝐬 𝐃𝐢𝐚𝐫𝐲

"Why would you do that Ariana?" My mother scolds. "She was about to do something to Y/n, mom." I say as if it's the most obvious thing in the world. "Oh, and Ms. Williams? You poured water on her?"

"She was being a bitch!" I yell. "Ariana Grande-Butera! We do not use those words in this house." I roll my eyes.

"Mom, this is no longer my house, remember? I live with my soon-to-be wife. I'm going," I say, getting up from the bed and taking a deep breath, "and don't be worried when you don't hear from me in a while." I say and leave the house with a loud slam of the door.

I walk to my house—which is not to far away. I know Y/n was going to give me the silent treatment when she got home. But I protected her. Whatever Camila was going to do was going to get Y/n in her little trap. Next thing you know, they're fucking on the roof of the school.

* * *

I go up to our room and look in the many drawers until I found Y/n's diary. She's been writing in this thing ever since I met her.  It looks old—I'm guessing it was someone elses'. Probably her 'aunts'.

I open it up to see a bunch of writing. There was a lot of pages that were filled with writing. I flip through the pages before going back to page one and start reading it.

Day 1.

Today I watched Tante hit Tilio. We were playing tag and she accidentally pushed me. Tante slapped her across the face for getting my dress dirty. She didn't mean it. Now Tilio has to go clean the dining room. It's a brand new dress. Tante said she'll have to find the best tailor in town to fix it. Then she noticed that my hair was messed up and she said she was going to kill Tilio. I tried to stop her, but she told me to keep quiet. So here I sit with my notebook in hand, with cries and screams in the background as if it is music.

"Whoa." I say. I wanted to close the old book, but I didn't. Instead I kept reading;

Day 2.

I had to write a seven page essay for Tante as to why I disobeyed her number one rule. I talked over her while we were in a argument. She said after I write the essay, she will give me 20 spankings, all with her bare hand. Then I will have to take a bath and go to bed with a sore bottom. I don't know how to explain why I did it. But I don't want to get 20 more spankings. I sat there with my pen and started writing. Tante didn't like it, but she accepted it. Next time though, she said I will have to do it properly, and in cursive. When did my life become so toxic?

I frown slightly at that one. I flip a couple pages until I see Rémy's name pop up in the book. What did Elodie do to Rémy?

Day 15.

Rémy was playing piano for Tante today, but accidentally messed up. He tried to keep going, but Tante called him out and grabbed his wrist, pulling him up from the pianos bench and brought him to the back room. We like to call it the punishment room because that's where Tante would bring us when we get punished. We all looked at each other and got up to go hear from the door. Rémy started crying really loud, but the belt slaps were louder. "Ne vous trompez plus! Tu dois être parfait!" (Do not mess up again! You must be perfect!) Tante yelled, each word coming with a harder slap than before. You could hear Rémy's cries and him saying "Je m'excuse maman!" (I apologize mama!) but Tante kept going.

"Poor Rémy.." I say with a frown. "Really Ariana! You beat someone up, and now you're in my diary?! What is wrong with you?!" I hear a voice say from behind me. I slam the diary shut and turn around slowly.

"Y/n-" I tried to explain, but Y/n cut me off.
"I can't believe you! What happened to that sweet Ariana that I once knew? You get so protective and possessive! For Gosh sakes, Ariana! We're not even married! We're not even an actual couple!"

That hurt.

"We're just pretending! It's just a game for the business! Get use to it!" Y/n said and walked out the room, but not before getting her diary back. "You're sleeping on the couch!" She yells halfway down the stairs.

We're just pretending..?