Prologue

Danger and Poison

Danger and Poison

By Eurekaa

●●●

Kaiden River Velasco

●●●

Prologue

●●●

Baghdad, Iraq

His heart was beating so fast as they heard numerous gunshots around them. He and his other co-soldier, Joe Adams, were hiding behind a wrecked building wall. Marami ng mga kasamahan nila ang napatay ng mga rebelde. The US army durimg that hour was depleting. They need help.

"Kade," Joe suddenly talked. They were both panting, "Go to the base. We need help."

"Fuck," Kade looked at his partner and best friend since they were kids - that it was impossible to go back to their base. They were already surrounded by the rebels. Kapag may aalis sa kanila, they're going to die, "Joe, it'll be impossible. They're a lot. We're going to fucking die."

"Fuck, Kaiden," Joe cursed, holding the M16A2 rifle, "We're both going to die if we're just gonna stay here."

They flinched when they heard another gunshot. Kaiden got his rifle and shoots back. He immediately docked when the other rebel fired back at him.

"Fuck, we're fucked," He said and Joe chuckled.

"It's do or die, friend."

"Fuck, Joe, we can't fucking die."

"That's why we need to go to the base for back-up."

Kade looked at his friend and Joe nodded at him. He took a deep breath.

Kaagad naman silang tumayo na dalawa at mabilis na tumakbo. Several gunshots were fired and they both fired back at the rebels as well.

"Fuck!" He heard Joe cursing again and as Kade looked back, he saw his friend got shot on his left shoulder.

"Joe!"

Another gunshot was fired, their reflexes were quick to dodge some of them.

Kade fired back his rifle, assisting his wounded friend.

"Kaiden, fuck, you fucking run, you need to go to the base now!"

"I won't fucking leave you behind, Joe. We're going back together."

"No, go now!"

But before Kade could even respond, his eyes got widened when he saw three Iraqi rebels pointing their rifles at them.

He was fucking doomed.

They're fucking doomed.

But his heart stopped beating when he saw his only best friend, Joe Adams, stood up and shielded him from the gunshots.

"Joe!!!!! No!!!!!!" He screamed when his friend was gunned down multiple times.

In front of him.

Joe shielded himself to protect him.

●●●

"Yes, Mom, katatapos lang ng event, I'm driving home na," Meghan said on the phone while driving. Katatapos lang ng isang barangay event kung saan kailangan ang presence ng mayor. It was the barangay's fiesta week and everyone were enjoying themselves. Isang barangay pageant nga ang inattend niya sa gabing iyon as she was the one of the judges.

"Okay po, I love you too, Ma," She ended the call and went back to focus on the road. It was already almost midnight - at wala na siyang nakitang iba pang mga sasakyan sa mga oras na iyon.

She was just peacefully driving when she heard a gunshot behind her car.

"Oh my god!" She screamed when she heard another bullet was fired. And another one. She tried as fast as she can to speed her driving.

She's going to die!

Everything was fast. Numerous gunshots were fired. She was even sure she got shot as well as she saw blood coming from her stomach. She couldn't anymore drive properly as her vision were getting blurry. She heard her car screeched - and it was the cue that she lost its control. Her car then went down and struck a very large tree nearby.

She was dying.

Blood poured all over her.

"Ma'am."

She groaned in pain when she heard an unfamiliar voice. She tried to look at the man who was calling her. She couldn't see his face clearly but it was obvious that she doesn't know the guy. Naramdaman naman niyang dahan-dahan siyang binuhat nito mula sa driver seat.

"Am I going to die?" She asked the man that was carrying him helplessly. She could feel her throat going dry and could smell the blood around her.

"No," The man simply answered, "You need to be alive."

Meghan closed her eyes and smiled.

It was enough for assurance.

●●●

I know, you've been requesting Kade since Sky and Oli's story. So here it is.
This is not going to be an epistolary like his other siblings.

For new readers, don't worry. This is a  stand-alone story.