Chapter 12

As the last words fell out of his mouth I sat there, stunned. It was one of the best moments I have ever experienced. I leaned my head on his shoulder as the rain began to fall. I feel like I'm going crazy, like I'm in a dream. Then I felt his head lean on the top of mine. I turned my head to bury it into his chest. I didn't want to do anything else today then just sit there with him.

"Amanda, um I think this is yours", Gabe finally said into my head, well muttered, so it broke the silence that had fallen. What more did he have to give me? He already sang to me, came after me when I bursted into tears, and broke up with Mia. There really is nothing else he can give me. But apparently I am wrong.

He let go of me and turned to get something. Then he pulled out the outfit I dropped earlier and my phone and of all things my glasses. I stared at him wide eyed, but he just smiled. He took my glasses and opened them. Then put them on my face as he did earlier today. But this time he turned and took something out of the bag Cynthy gave me. It was a silver box...OH MY GOSH IT WAS A SILVER BOX!

You wanna know what silver boxes are? Gifts, that you give your girlfriend. I'm sorry but I don't think that I am his girlfriend, or even a possible option. But apparently, I know have to think otherwise. I said that twice in a matter of two minutes. Strange.

He handed me the box and just stayed silent. I don't think I should open it. I mean yeah sure Cole bought Lizzie a dress but..that was a dress, this might be something else. And whatever that something was, I knew I wasn't deserving of it. I knew I wasn't ready for it. I'm not sure what ready even is at this point.

"Aren't you going to open it?" he asked me now, finally breaking me from my thoughts. I nodded and turned to the box. Then I slightly lifted the lid, and a few sparkles flicked against my glasses; contrasting against the drops of rain. I closed it instantly. I was so scared about what I was about to find. THen I saw Gabe flinch. He sounded and looked like he was hurt. Come on Mandy, pull yourself together. THis is ridiculous.

I took a deep breath and opened the box. OH MY HEAVENS AND WHATEVER ELSE YOU SAY WHEN YOUR SHOCKED!! It was the most beautiful necklace I have ever seen!

It was a thin silver lanyard that had a cluster in the middle. The cluster consisted of a sapphire gemstone that was surrounded by smaller diamonds that shimmered so they gave the impression that they were blue. I knew the cut, emerald cut, one of my favourite cuts. It was edgy and yet graceful to the point of sophistication. The big cluster in the middle was surrounded by smaller sapphires and amethysts scattered on the lanyard.

"This is..Gabe..wow", I managed to stutter. I was still shocked that I was holding this beautiful necklace.

"Do you like it? Because you know its for..you" Gabe said softly, in the kind of voice I used when I was embarrassed to say something. I can't believe this, I caused Gabe Morales to act this way.

"Gabe I can't possibly take this. Are you crazy?" I said shocked.

"Of course you can, it's for you" Gabe said, more like insisted. I knew that I couldn't take this, I just can't.

"Here why don't you try it on and we will see if you like it", Gabe said taking the box from my hand. He opened the box and unlatched the necklace from the hook. I just couldn't keep my eyes away from that necklace. If he wasn't holding that thing I probably would have grabbed it and made a mad dash. But I was currently to shocked to do anything at this point.

"Mandy turn that way and I'll fasine the buckle at the back", he ordered me, well told me but I just felt dizzy at the moment. As if not enough air was getting to my brain. Come on Mandy get a grip and just turn your body.

With all the strength in me I turned my body so my back was to him. I suddenly felt a weight on the front of my neck and smooth, cool, hands brushing my neck, sending streams of electricity through me. Then his hands reached the back of my neck, making the hairs stand up, giving me my own shivers. I could feel that he wasw trembling to fasine the buckle at the back. I smiled. Either he was cold or felt the exact same way as me.