Chapter 4

After staring at myself, in the mirror for awhile I realized something. I was different. I wasn't that girl at the back of the classroom, that was quiet but when the marks came around, shined like a star. I was a star now, the lead. The popular girl at the head table, the head cheerleader. But I still felt the same. Like I still wasn't pretty enough, just not good enough.

These thoughts were still fresh i my mind as I went over to Lizzie's room to get my hair clip. She always seemed to take them. As I walked in I saw Lizzie in the dress Cole bought her. She looked really good. I was so jealous right now.

"OMG! Lizzie, you look so awesome sauve. I'm so jelly right now", Suhy said walking in, wearing a high waisted floral print dress. These girls could pull anything off, then I looked into Lizzie's full length mirror. I'm starting to feel insecure again about what I was wearing.

Looking at myself in my crimson red chiffron dress and red pumps. I felt shorter and fatter and so ugly. I looked at my hair, it was simple. It was just a half up half down with a twist in the middle. My hair was slightly curled. But I felt so plain, so not worthy of such beautiful friends, such an amazing job, such an amazing house. i sighed as I plopped down on Liz's bed.

"Hey Mandy, what's wrong?" Suhy said sitting beside me. I shrugged, I didn't really want to party anymore. I just wanted so cry into my pillow.

"I don't know, I don't really want to go anymore", I said softly.

"But you look so amazing right now. Why don't you want to go? Is this about Mia being there?" Lizzie said getting defensive," Because I will kick her-".

"Yeah we know we know. You will kick her ass.We got it", Suhy said putting her hands up. I laughed softly.

"Well, it's kind of hard to look amazing with you guys around you know", I confessed.

"Bitch please. Come on. You look so awesome. And I think Gabe got a thang for you, chica", Lizzie said hipchecking me. I rolled my eyes.

"Maybe Gabe has finally realized that he made a big mistake about the whole 6th grade thing. He looks like he really likes you chica" Suhy said hipchecking me as well. Who do these girls think they are? Seriously, I am the only one here even close to full latino. I'm half mexican and half Brasilian. Yes, I am able to speak portugese and spanish. But the whole 'chica' thing, started after the whole Gabe encounter.

"Alright then, let's go", I said getting off the bed.

As we walked down the stairs I saw the boys lounging on my couch with all my food scattered on the table.

"Wow, you girls look amazing", Cole said.

"Thanks babe", Lizzie said walking up to Cole kissing him on the cheek. You have got to be joking? It's been less then 24 hours. And she is calling him babe? Wow just wow.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Dalton with his arm loosely around Suzy's shoulder's. I sighed and rolled my eyes. I even saw my sister talking to Dana. And another girl talking to Will. I truly am the only person here that is alone.

"Guys are we going to go or not?" I said annoyed but hurt at the same time

"Well we don't really have enough room to seat all of us", Will explained, "So two of us have to take a seperate car".

"Well I'll take the seperate car, but I don't have a car so we got a problem", Gabe said.

"Um, well my car is in the driveway if you guys want to use it", I volunteered.

"Good, ok. Mandy, you take the car with Gabe. We don't want him trashing your car", Suhy said. I nodded and got up to get my car keys. Then I realized that Gabe had my keys.