Chapter 5

I just stared at my cousin who still had her arm wrapped around me. Then I looked at Gabe sitting on the couch, I narrowed my eyes. I could tell that he was in an uncomfortable position. Well, he has all reason to be. It was like some one had walked in and ripped my heart out, and burned it. Not even throw it away, but burned.

My body temperature rising. Then I realized, I was angry. Actually I was furious. I know it sounds strange that I'm not sad or depressed, but I was fuming. I was actually scared that you could see steam rising from the top of my head. Not like I cared at this moment in time. I was just so angry at my cousin. She got everything.

The looks, the style, the fans (I know I'm famous but she is a bit more), the clothes (but mine are awesome too), the accent (british, just not fair) and the boys (Gabe...no explaination needed).

"Mandy? Cousin, are you alright?" Mia said waving her hand infront of my face. I just stared at her.

Of course I'm not ok. No duh, sherlock. But the thing was, I wasn't angry at my cousin. I was angry at Gabe.

I remembered today. The mall, the driveway chase and that moment in the bedroom (do not think wrong readers). I can't believe I thought of us being anything more than friends.

"Well I guess I should leave you guys alone then", I said turning towards the door. As I gripped the handle, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I whipped around to see it was my cousin. For once she actually looked worried. I loved my cousin deep inside, we were actually good friends once. But we hated each other to the point of competition and games. Not to the point of destruction, but sometimes it was. But when it was, it would only be temporary.

I looked at her and smiled, well tried to. I didn't want her to worry, I just wanted my friendly yet vicious rival back. She smiled at me which was a sign that we were good.

 I walked out of the room into the main foyer. I looked at the people aroung me, having a great time. If i'm going to be on a tv. show, might as well learn how to act now.

So i took a big breath in and plastered a huge smile on my face and joined the party. After a few minutes, the smile on my face became real and I started to enjoy myself. Then finally, the music started to play. I found myself dancing randomly.

Hey, when at a party its time to party, right? I started to dance even more crazily (yeah i am aware that is not a real word, hello english major), and starting a conga line with Lizzie and Suzy. We were tearing up the dance floor, and no one bothered to upshow us. Even my cousin started to dance with us, and I have to say that our duo would kick anyone elses in to the ground. I even almost forgot about what had just went down......Almost.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Gabe exit to the backyard. I knew that Cole made it very clear that it was off limits, but I just wanted to see what happened to Gabe. I don't know why I even cared about him at this point. He played me, he led me on, but I still cared. I sighed as I excused myself all the way to the backyard. I took a deep breath and stepped outside.

I cool breeze whipped through my hair. It was one of those epic movie scenes. But my heart just didn't seem to be in it. It was one of those scenes where one is depressed and the other comes and says something deep and they kiss under the moonlight.

You are kidding me right? Those scenes don't happen, those sprinkler scenes don't happen. I am a romantic but even I know that it don't happen. As much as I want it too, it just won't.

My sunk sunk a little more, but then I saw Gabe just wandering the grounds alone. His head ducked, his hands in his pockets, eyes fixed on the ground. My heart lurked, I felt sorry for him. But I don't know why he has any reason to be sad at all.