Chapter 24 - Nightly Assault

"Please... this isn't something I should forget... not after everything..." I whispered looking up. There were now tears falling down my eyes. I quickly whipped them away a little embarrassed. I was acting like a child.

Japan's frown turned sad and he suddenly jumped up and hugged me. "Oh (Y/N) I don't want this to happen either! I've only known you for a couple of days and you've helped me so much."

We sat there sobbing into each other's arms. I had completely forgotten that UN was there along with us until he cleared his throat.

"Ahem."

Japan jumped away and I looked up at the agency with a pout. He sighed.

"(Y/N) you've been through some traumatic moments are well here. Are you sure you want to remember those?" He asked calmly.

I blinked thinking about Italy almost killing me. About watching America disappear down the bunker. About having a gun aimed at me.

"Yes. I want to remember all of it." I said sternly.

Japan looked at UN with a gleam in his eyes.

Finally, UN sighed and put up his hands in defeat.

"Alright, I'll see what I can do." He huffed with a half smile.

"Yes!" I screamed and jumped up. "Thank you thank you thank you!" I ran over to UN and engulfed him in a hug. After a second of hesitation, he hugged back patting my back awkwardly. Guess he wasn't used to this much physical contact.

"Now then," UN said, pulling away. I let him go with a slight chuckle. He seemed quite flustered as he straightened his tie.

"However, you aren't going home just yet. I still need to make sure the rifts aren't still acting up. They seemed to have closed when you first entered our world but I still want to make sure they're working properly so that you don't get teleported to some random place like Antarctica." Japan said running a hand through his hair.

"Yikes, yeah that wouldn't be so great." I said already imagining the cold. Hey at least there would be penguins?

"That reminds me Japan. I would like you to take a look at that machine if you don't mind. The rifts shouldn't have been acting that way and I'd like to find the source if you don't mind." UN stated.

"Of course sir. I'll do that right away."

"And for you (Y/N), you'll be staying the night at Britain's again. I think it would be the best place for you since you've already been there. I think you've done enough house hopping for one visit." UN said, turning to me.

"Oh fantastic..." I gave him a fake smile and a thumbs up.

"Alright, that is settled then. Japan I will be expecting a report as soon as possible and if you don't mind, could you escort (Y/N) down to the garage as well? Britain should be waiting there for you."

"Of course sir."

"Great! And as for you (Y/N), I will be seeing you tomorrow."

"Okay! Thank you Mr.UN." I said. I saw a smile tug at UN's straight face as he turned away and left without another word.

"Alright (Y/N) let's go." Japan said

We walked over to the elevators and quickly reached the garage. The doors opened to reveal a concrete area with multiple cars parked along in rows. Japan mumbled to himself inspecting the cars as we walked past them. I couldn't exactly make out what he was saying but I believe he was reading out the brands and types of each car as we passed.