Chapter 15 - Hurt

The way back to the cabin seemed surprisingly short. Not one of us said a single word as we left the bunker but there was nothing to say.

I hung behind Russia as we walked. The wind had started to pick up and I shivered as a chill went down my spine.

In front of me, America laid eyes closed in Russia's arm. I flinched remembering his reaction when I found him.

He had made it clear that he didn't want to see me.

I dropped my head looking down at myself for the first time. The jeans I wore were covered in dirt and so was my blue shirt. My ankle still hurt but the pain had decreased to a slow throb. I blinked realizing I was limping.

As if someone somewhere was looking out for me, we finally reached the cabin. I ran ahead and opened the door which I was surprised to see had been left unlocked. I stood to the side as Russia walked inside and set the unconscious American on the couch.

Making sure America would be comfortable, Russia turned towards me.

I gulped biting the top of my lip in anticipation. I was waiting for Russia to yell at me.

I looked up at him to see him just staring at me. An upset parent looking down at their 4 year old child.

Finally he spoke,"Go to your room and get cleaned up. I will come talk after I tend to Америка."

I nodded, scurrying away. I walked down the hall into my room. Sighing, I pulled out the hidden book from under my clothes. Now that I could see, I realized it was a leather bound journal.

I grazed my hand over the cover feeling the cold leather outline. Deciding to look at it later, I slide the book under the bed and grabbed my bag heading to the bathroom.

The hot water of the shower felt like a touch of heaven. I enjoyed the moment but quickly finished excited to see what was written inside the journal.

I changed into gray jogging pants and a maroon shirt. Swiftly drying my hair with a towel, I walked into my room.

The first thing I noticed was the aroma of spice hanging in the air. My mouth watered as I spotted a bowl of soup laying on my bedside table. Russia must have brought it up while I showered.

Not wasting anytime, I leaped onto the bed and grabbed the bowl of soup, careful to not burn my hands. I placed it on the bed sheet and slowly dug in.

I didn't know what it was, but it was DELICIOUS. I drowned the dish ignoring the burning sensation it left in my mouth.

Upon finishing, I set the bowl aside my eyes heavy with sleep.

I'll just look at the journal tomorrow. I thought lazily to myself. Slowly, I slipped into the soft covers of my bed and closed my eyes.

~~~

Russia grabbed a medkit from the bottom of his kitchen cabinet and carried it over to the country on his couch.

He couldn't understand why America had been on his land in the first place. It wasn't like they lived close by to each other either. Deciding it probably had to do with the human in the other room, Russia shook his head and kneeled down next to the couch.

Russia slowly lifted the American taking of his green jacket. America groaned at the sudden movement. Flinching, Russia lowered him back down and set the jacket aside.

Russia looked down at America's sleeping face. He looked strangely peaceful. Russia couldn't remember seeing him without his glasses. It was an oddity in itself.