Chapter 4 - Another One

I took a moment to comprehend the country's words. I was stuck here? I couldn't be stuck here. This was more surreal than a dream and I was stuck here?

    America broke the silence. "How long until we can get the rifts open again?"

    Germany shrugged, "It'll take a while, a couple of weeks at most. I'm not exactly sure what the problem is but I believe our friend might have caused a tear in the rifts fabric causing all the entrances to shut down do to the foreign object crossing it's path." The room was silent.

    "Mind saying that in English mate?" A country spoke from the back.

    "The human might have caused the rifts to close." Germany said rolling his eyes.

    "Wait! But I... I have to get home!" I blurted out.

    "And why is that?" America asked looking at me.

    "Cause... I have homework..." I said awkwardly trailing off. It was the end of my senior year and I had to keep my grades up if I was ever gonna get to the college of my dreams.

    A couple countries chuckled at my statement.

    "I think you have some bigger issues at hand at the moment kid." America said laughing. I rolled my eyes.

    "So what do we do with the kid? We can't just let him roam around free to do whatever they please!" Britain said crossing his arms once again.

    Man what was with that guy? Why did he hate humans so much? He literally ran a country filled with them. Or maybe it was the fact the I, a human, was here in this world. His world.

    I suddenly felt like in intruder trespassing in a world that I had no right to be in. I looked around at all the countries discussing what to do with me. I know I probably should have paid more attention to what they were saying but I had more important things on my mind.

    "They can stay with me." I snapped out of my thoughts looking at America. The room instantly went silent at him suggestion. "I mean, like you guys said, it was my fault they came here in the first place," he continued, a hint of annoyance in his voice, "it's only natural I take responsibility over them."

    Some of the other countries muttered in agreement. No one seemed to have any objections.

Soon enough it was decided that I would be staying with America until they could find a proper place for me to stay. I was quite glad that it was him. He seemed to be the friendliest of the countries there and was someone who was pretty easy to talk too.

"Hey kid, you ready to go?" America called heading to the door. I rolled my eyes at the nickname.

"Don't call me that. My names (Y/N)." I grumbled.

"Yeah I know, you just look kinda young that's all." He said as we walked out. America lead me down the row of cars finally stopping in front of a Porsche 911 Carrera.

"Whoa! This is your car?" I asked a little surprised. I mean he was the literal America. I wouldn't have expected anything less. He gave me a wink as we got in and drove off.

*~~~*

The drive to his house wasn't far however it felt like we drove past hundreds of terrains and places. The scenery was always changing whether it be the slightest change in the color of the trees of the clear difference in the weather and color of the sky. It seemed as if each place was designed to replicate a place on Earth.

As we started slowing down I noticed that the sky was a dark blue with stars illuminating from every direction. I looked over at America to see him enjoying the view as well. He glanced over at me and smiled.