Chapter 31

"We didn't realise we were making memories. We just knew we were having fun." -Winnie the Pooh.

-----------------> "I'M GOING TO NEED chicken blood, candles, marbles and a bottle of fire whiskey," Rose announced

Neville shook his head. "I'm not supplying you with any of them, so think of another way. But fire-whiskey? Really? You need fire-whiskey for causing a distraction?"

Rose looked at him weirdly. "No. The fire whiskey is just to make myself feel better about kidnapping two people from a hospital." She told him. "God," she sighed. "I'm pretty sure this goes against the doctor or healer's oath."

Neville snorted beside her. "No, I think it's wonderful."

Rose glared at him. "Is that a note of sarcasm I detect in that statement?"

"A note? More like a symphony." Neville retorted. "I can't honestly believe we are about to do this." He sighed again. "This is a terrible idea."

"This is a fantastic idea." Rose corrected. "You just have a terrible attitude regarding anything fun. Besides, it's too late to back out. Scrap any previous ideas, because I just got a new one." She said and took a deep breath as she fixed a smile on her face. "Now let's do this."

------> 0o0 <------

Getting into St Mungo's was the easy part.

Claiming to be a distant visiting member of the Longbottom family from France was easy enough to do so when you had the Heir to the Most Ancient and Noble House of Longbottom accompanying you. Not to mention that the healers were quite used to seeing Neville there, so they thought nothing of it.

In fact, they didn't even blink an eye at Neville's request to have some private time with his parents.

That was their first mistake. Their other mistake was that they checked the patients only every twenty minutes. However, their most important mistake was that they actually trusted their visitors.

Rose found it heartbreaking to see her god-parents this way. They had had to be truly formidable to have Bellatrix Lestrange nee Black herself personally target them. Rose had heard all the stories about the Longbottom's power, and she was deeply saddened to see the state to which they had been reduced to.

They were -are- her godparents.

For the first time in her life, Rose cursed her Aunty Bella in her mind. But more importantly, she made a personal vow to see to it that they were restored to their previous state of mind.

Neville smiled optimistically at his parents before looking at his god-sister. "So," he said. "What's the plan? You weren't so clear earlier."

Rose shrugged. "I don't exactly have one. I'm kind of hoping to just wing it."