Chapter 32

"She would defy the stars, the moon, the gods for him. And he would destroy them all for her." -Unknown.

----------------> STEPPING INTO SLYTHERIN MANOR FELT LIKE COMING BACK HOME

Rose excitedly started searching for Marvolo and she found him in the most unlikely of places- the kitchens.

All the fourteen house-elves were absent -he must have ordered them to leave him alone- so he was all by himself.

He was dressed impeccably as always and he looked as handsome as he always did. But there was a... glow of sorts missing from him.

Marvolo was sitting down on a chair and staring at two cups of hot chocolate placed in front of him on one of the kitchen's islands. Sitting opposite to him -behind the second cup- was Artic the Penguin.

Rose felt like cooing at this sight. These were the times she wished she had her camera.

Marvolo was alternating between either glaring at the penguin or looking at it with a vacant expression, and that concerned her.

Did something happen to make him feel this way? Did one of his plans for tomorrow not go accordingly? Has there been any error? Were there any traitors who spilt the plans to either the Ministry or Dumbledore? She knew she should have stayed at the Longbottom Manor and listened more carefully to that old coot.

"Hello, Marvolo." She said with a soft smile, breaking the eerie silence.

Marvolo's head snapped up so fast she thought it would break. He looked at her in a mixture of disbelief and shock.

"Rose?"

"Nope. I'm Snuffles in disguise." She grinned.

Marvolo jumped from where he was sitting and proceeded to walk (run) over and envelope her in a tight, warm hug which she immediately returned.

"It's really you..." He mumbled into her shoulder. "I thought you left me like everybody else. It's really you."

"It's really me," Rose assured, mumbling the words into his own shoulder. "I will never leave you."

"I know. But it's really you." He repeated. "Thank Morgana, you're alright! Wait. Are you? Are you fine? If you aren't, I will-"

"-I'm fine," Rose said with a laugh, happy that they were together again. "Are you alright?"

Marvolo smiled softly. "I am, now that you are here."

Rose fought a losing battle to keep a blush off her face. They both reluctantly parted from the hug.

Marvolo's face broke into a smile so brightly, she feared it would split his face. "You came back." He said again, before frowning his brows. "Wait. How did you come back?" Marvolo asked, in a mixture of confusion and happiness. "Did somebody apparate you?"