Chapter 10

"Happiness is a choice, not a result. Nothing will make you happy until you choose to be happy. No person will make you happy unless you decide to be happy. Your happiness will not come to you. It can only come from you." -Ralph Harslon

-------------------> DINNER WAS A QUIET AFFAIR THAT DAY

Rose was still mad at Tom Riddle or Marvolo Slytherin for criticising her cooking, (just because it was awful did not mean he had to tell it out loud) and wanted him to apologise to her. And obviously, he would never do that as first, apologising was beneath him and second, why should he apologise for being honest?

Tom Riddle was seated at the head of the dining table with Rose to his left, as always. She might think that she was keeping her anger hidden but considering that she would glare at him at an interval of five seconds before angrily huffing at his lack of reaction, sort of gave her away...

Dinner that night was scallops, radish, peanuts and lime.

Tom Riddle primly ate with the elegance of an aristocrat- erect back, elbow off and perfect table manners with a gold fork in his left hand and a gold table knife in his right.

He was just about to take his first bite when he heard a giggle.

He looked up to meet Rose's pretty face.

She had a hand covering her mouth as she giggled musically.

She noticed him looking and let out an, "Ignore me," and continued to giggle.

He did just that, and the giggling soon slowly decreased before stopping.

He took the first bite of the meal. It was good, as expected. When he was about to take his next bite, he heard her giggling once more.

He wanted to ignore her again, he really did.

However, curiosity won him over.

Setting the expensive utensils carefully on the table, he looked at her untouched plate of food.

"Rose, why have you not started eating yet? Do you wish to go hungry, because that can be arranged." He spoke clearly.

"Oh stop teasing, Marvolo," Rose replied between giggles. "I'm a Dursley, or at least, I was. The point is I will never give up food for anything if you haven't realised yet?"

"Then what is it that you find so funny that you have yet to start eating?" he asked.

She looked vivacity at his cold blue eyes with her green ones, twinkling with hidden hilarity.

"Peanuts." She replied cheekily.

He raised an unimpressed eyebrow at her comment, "Peanuts?"

"Peanuts." She confirmed. She had stopped giggling. However, her eyes were shining brightly with mirth and laughter.