Chapter 3

"Love me or hate me, both are in my favour... If you love me, I'll always be in your heart... If you hate me, I'll always be in your mind." -William Shakespeare.

-----------------> FOR THE SECOND TIME THAT DAY, Lord Voldemort, formally Tom Marvolo Riddle, was surprised

He had always praised himself for his near-perfect memory, and the day he 'died' was something he remembered flawlessly.

The black-haired, brown-eyed blood traitor and Lord of House Potter had tried to defend himself and his family by himself, without a wand even! Suffice to say, Lord Voldemort took care of that problem easily. While he did not like spilling pureblood, James Potter stopped being pureblood in his eyes the day he married a mudblood.

For all his worth, the previous Lord Potter, Charlus, had not only a former Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement but was also an efficient Auror and had also fought against the forces of the Dark Lord Grindelwald. He also did justice to his noble heritage and pureblood by marrying a lady of proper social calibre and class, as seen in his marriage to the formidable Dorea Black, a daughter of the Most Ancient and Noble House of Black.

James Potter was of very good heritage, was a prodigy in Transfiguration and Defense and was also an extremely skilled Auror.

Why he had to marry a filthy mudblood of all things was something that Lord Voldemort still failed to comprehend.

Anyway, after finishing off the Potter Lord with quite literally a flick of his wrist, he made his way to a room where he could hear a lot of shuffling noises.

'Muggles! So noisy...' he had thought as he smirked to himself.

According to some of his spies, Lily Potter nee Evans was a prodigy in charms and potions and was a force to be reckoned with.

But the sight he saw in front of him reminded him exactly why he thought that muggles were pathetic and why mudbloods were useless.

The Lady Potter had been standing protectively pathetic in front of a wooden crib with tears streaming down her eyes and her hands clasped together in a prayer-like position as she had started begging him for her precious daughter's life.

Oh boo hoo!

And again, he noticed that there was no wand in her hand!

Did she even remember that she was a witch?

He remembered his inner circle's potion master asking him to spare the mudbloods life. Oh, how sweet! A weakness.

"Step aside girl and I will let you live." He said, hoping that she would do the opposite.

She reached his expectations as she either did not hear him or pretended that he hadn't said anything, and continued pleading for her daughter's life.