Chapter 24

"It's a tragedy, the way he loves you; it is a tragedy that star-crossed lovers will read about a hundred years later over blood not yet spilled- because if you two could not make it; no one will." -Unknown.

---------------------> "ROSE, I NEED TO SPEAK WITH YOU," Marvolo said immediately as he barged into her room

Then he actually stopped to look around and realised that there was literally nobody in the room. "Rose?" He said confusedly.

Silence greeted him in return.

So he just stood there, below the archway of her empty room, not quite sure what to do.

Nagini had told him that Rose was in her room, so the whole way from his study to her chambers, he had been thinking of a clever speech in his head and a perfect way to confess to her.

But now, here he was in her empty room.

Where was she?

Did she rethink her previous action and left with Severus? Is she with Dumbledore now? Is she happy? Is she-

"Marvolo?" A confused voice spoke.

Marvolo's head snapped to Rose's face as she exited the private bathroom that was located inside her room, her hair wet. She had a white towel in one hand which she was using to dry her hair with.

"What are you doing here?" She asked, frowning her eyebrows.

Marvolo opened his mouth to answer, but all the words died in his mouth.

She was bloody perfect.

And seeing her made him forget every carefully thought out speech he had prepared in his mind.

"I love you!" He blurted out, as she had done similarly all those days ago.

Rose blinked at him. "Pardon?" She said, unknowingly repeating his own words that day. She might not realise it, but he did. He remembered every bit of that night.

"I love you." He repeated, slower this time but more hurriedly as well. "No, I'm not expecting a reaction, I am just stating the fact that I like you. I have been in denial for many days now, denying everything that's been going on within me, but I'm done now. I love you. I really, really love you. There. It's out in the world."

He took a deep breath before continuing. "I love you, and if you don't feel the same way, then that is okay too. I'm not expecting you to like me back. No one ever does."

Rose gaped at him.

She walked towards him until she was just one foot away.

She then took the towel that she had been drying her hair with and threw it on his face.

Hard.

"What was that for?" He asked. The towel had hurt his face more than he was willing to admit. It was like someone had fired a stinging curse.