Chapter 17

"You mistake my choice not to feel as a reflection of my not caring. Well, I assure you, the truth is precisely the opposite." -Mr Spock, Star Trek Into Darkness

" -Mr Spock, Star Trek Into Darkness

At 9:12 am:

-----------------> "ROSE... What... What is going on with you?" Marvolo asked, his face a mixture of concern and confusion as he walked into her room to ask her why she hadn't been down for breakfast.

The Potter heiress was sitting in the middle of her bedroom, surrounded by books, parchments, quills, chocolate and the occasional fried chips or two.

Rose Potter shushed him absentmindedly, her golden hair in a messy bun and her eyes wide and focused on the books in front of her, as she made small notes on the parchment.

"Draco is giving me a test soon after lunch, a combination of five different subjects. He said if I do not get an O in it, he was going to put a spell on me so that any chocolate I eat tastes like cinnamon. You know I hate cinnamon." She muttered to herself, her eyes not diverting from the book.

Marvolo raised a perfect eyebrow, "And Draco Malfoy told you about the test when?"

"Last week."

"And you started studying..."

"Ten hours ago, give or take." She replied. "I was asleep and my dream had a paper with the letter 'T' written on it. And if that isn't an efficient way to remind somebody about a test, I don't know what is..."

"Which subjects?" Marvolo asked.

"Transfiguration, Charms, Defence, Potions and Arithmancy," she replied.

Marvolo sighed. "Rose, you should have started at least four days ago."

"You should have given me that advice four days ago." Rose retorted.

Marvolo glared at her. "You are impossible."

"And proud of it," Rose added.

"You also look awful," Marvolo noted.

"Wow, Marvolo! You really know how to charm a girl." Rose replied sarcastically.

Marvolo smiled. "It's called being honest."

"No, it's called being rude," Rose countered. "Why are you here anyway? Don't you have plans to make for world optimisation?"

"Call it what it is, Rose -it's world domination," Marvolo smirked. "As for why I am here, it's my house. I don't need to have a reason to roam, but I graciously came to remind you that Bellatrix will be coming tomorrow to babysit you-"

"-I don't need to be babysat!"

"-and your dragon is scaring the House Elves again. Handle it, or I will handle it for you."