CHAPTER 59 - Apart

Previously On Triplets Apart:
On Jada's birthday, she overheard the conversation between Tariq and his dad, the conversation that's breaking her heart.

***

Update- while editing, an idea came up to mind. I added a new character, her name is Zinh and she's Jada's robotic imaginary friend. (Check chapter 3- Gorgeous Mariyah) for the details about her. I thought it was cute and not everyone has to be completely normal, it's the weird things that adds to your uniqueness so don't come at me. Overall, the reason for my extremely late updates recently, I was editing the entire book to make it spicier. Not many big changes but just a few shuffle around.

Enjoy the longest chapter ahead!

***

And of all the days something could've happened, it just had to be today.

My fucking birthday.

I internally gather all my overthinking that are about to flood my brain cells, desperately trying to shove them to the back of my head and pace towards Mariyah's room. I won't allow anything at all to ruin my special day.

Three of us share the same birthday so if I ruin this for me, I ruin it for them too.

Not even the fact that my entire relationship could've been a plan that I was oblivious to, or the fact that Tyrell is nothing but a lying snake who only helped me so that he and his son could use me as a pawn, a part of their quest for something I'm yet to figure out. Or the fact that the only human that I've ever been in love with, was using me all along.

He took me all the way in India to propose to me all for his father's sake? All the accusations and the stigma of him being a player and a user was all true? Was any of what we had was even real? At least some of it had to be. I sound so stupid. I feel so fucking stupid.

"You are, really"- Zinh's annoying robotic voice echoes in my head and I want to mentally make her disappear.

As much as I'm trying to hold the remaining pieces of my heart together, it's slowly dissolving and I'm fighting my hardest to mentally conceal the tears.

And what makes it even worst is that I loved.. love Tariq with every fiber that makes me. I gave him the best sides of me that I didn't knew possibly existed.

"Jada?"

"J."

"Jada!"

"Hmm?" I hum, now realizing that Phoebe's French accent was hollering my name the entire time.

So much for not overthinking, way to go, Jada.

"Are you okay?" Amber studies me carefully. Searching for an answer before the lie leaves my lips.

"Yeah.. yeah, I'm good." I say quietly, then force a smile, trying not to give away any evidence of my emptiness.

"Are you sure? You've been staring out of space ever since you entered the room. It's like you're not even here. You can talk to us, you know. It's our birthday." Amber places a palm in mine, then squeezes it. A gesture that reminds me of Ta..

"No I'm fine, I'm just exhausted." I quickly lie. They all nod and continue. "Happy birthday to us?!" I fake beam.

"You bet! So everything is all set for your engagement party later, your dress arrived a little before you came and it's perfect..."

Were the last words my mind could've processed as I unknowingly drift away again.. I'm hearing them clearly but I'm not listening. Everyone's words slowly becomes muffled noises in my head.