CHAPTER 55 - Disapprove

Previously On Triplets Apart:
Jada says yes to Tariq's proposal, agreeing to marry him. She reveals the news to her sister, Paige.. but during the event, her adopted parents intervened which lead to them finding out as well. However, Adonis reaction might meant that he disapproves.

***

Guys, thank you for 2k reads!!! You deserve this update!!!

***

"Dad? Dad!" I chase behind him down the stairs, mom and Paige follow.

"Jada, I'm disappointed in you." He takes a seat, crossing his legs. Grabbing some newspapers, he looks through it, pretending it's of any importance being that that's last week's and he already read it.

"Sweetheart.. she's getting married. They are young, but they're entitled to fix their own mistakes if this turns out to be one. I'm not saying it will, but this is a happy time for her. I've never seen her like this, it's actually the first time seeing her light up this way." Mom glances at me mid speech, "She's been through a lot and no matter what we did as parents, we couldn't fix the issues she had. This boy is good for her and you can see it. Please, don't take that away from her." Mom pleas, rubbing his shoulder as she's now seated beside him.

"Why would I do that?" He's confusing me and the look on mom's face is telling me that she's confused too.

"Well.. that's what it looks like you're doing." Mom replies.

"Charlotte, I'd never take my daughter's happiness away. I know it was rough for her growing up," he pauses as if remembering something, "especially how she was after that Kyrie kid.. I know she had anger problems. I see how much she's changed. I'd give anything to see her happy, just like she is now."

The mention of Kyrie's name causes me to wince and I know it's a bad idea and also the wrong time to tell them that he currently attends my school and is also currently making attempts of complicating my life.

"Then why do you disapprove of her engagement?"

He fixes his body towards her. "I don't disapprove, Charlotte. I'm just offended."

"Why?" Mom knits her brows.

"Well, where I'm from, if a man wishes to marry a woman, the proper way to do it is to ask her parents for their blessings and their daughter's hand in marriage."

"Oh."

Right, he's African descent and this is a highly respected tradition for most of them.

"Dad.. I'm sorry, it's literally no disrespect or anything.. this is America and.."

"It's okay baby girl, I know." He smiles which elicits a smile from me. "If he makes you so happy, which is obvious, then don't you lose him. Marriage is just a piece of paper. Charlotte and I will be there for you every step of the way." He finishes, I immediately squeal with a wide grin, rushing over to both of them. Wiggling myself between them, I embrace them in a hug on each side of me.

"Thank you guys!"

"Your welcome, honey." Mom brushes a strand of hair from my face as dad squeezes my palm in his.

"I have to go see my da.. the President." I flash a sheepish smile.

Adonis chuckles and rubs my back, rocking my body from side to side. "It's okay. You have to go see your dad."

I smile before pecking both of them on their cheeks.

"Uhm, I'm going with her too.. if that's okay." Paige finally says after standing awkwardly in silence the entire exchange.