CHAPTER 29 - Tension In The Room

Previously On Triplets Apart:
Jada picks up the DNA results which proves that the president is definitely her biological father. She picks up her mother from the airport and checks her in her hotel suite. She explains to her mother how she has so much money. Later on in the party after meeting up with Tariq, she then meets his father only to discover that he's none other than Tyrell Aniston.

***

I glance around me, my eyes finding Tyrell's, then he casually switches focus to someone else. The way he looked at me just now, I think he knows.

He knows.

"Excuse me." I say to Tariq without waiting for a response.

Hurrying into a small storage room, I close the door behind me and pace towards a counter. I hold on to it, letting out a sharp breath that was stuck in my throat.

My mind wanders in slight shock as I search the room until I find a box filled with strong alcohol contents. Downing the remaining of champagne to my head and gulping everything down, I take out a bottle of whiskey and pour some in the glass. I need something strong to help me relax.

I throw all the content down my throat without thinking.

"Uugghhhh!" I groan, grimacing.

When Tariq found out who Mariyah was, he told her that his dad was her mom's lawyer. The other day Mariyah said Tariq and Amra should be coming because their dad works closely with Mariyah's mom. I knew Tariq's last name was Aniston, but I never once thought Tyrell was his dad. What in Neptune? I should've known, I should've dug deeper in his info.

But what would've happened if I had found out before? Would I have cancelled the whole thing and return to being oblivious to my roots? Would Tariq have convinced his dad to help me? Tariq Aniston, Tyrell Aniston.. of course. Tariq's body structure, he's built just like his dad and come to think of it, he did inherited some of his father's impressive facial features.

God, when will this cycle end?

The way he looked at me when I said "I have my ways." He's on to me. I said that to him when I broke into his penthouse, he must've remembered my voice too. What do I do now?

So Tariq's dad is Tyrell. Tyrell is Rebecca's lawyer. Rebecca had Tyrell given me away at birth. My mom was pregnant for David, which is Rebecca's husband, also Mariyah's dad and now Mariyah and I are biological sisters.

Alright.

I snap back to real time when I hear the door opens. Turning around quickly, my eyes regretfully land on Tyrell's figure. He closes the door behind him and places one hand in his pocket as the other hand holds his champagne.

"So.. how does it feel to be standing on the other side of the room, Miss Jada White?... or should I say, Miss Jada Dé'Neilio?" His eyes zero in on me closely. His tone is firm but unguarded because he has the upper hand now.

"Mr. Aniston, I swear I didn't know it was you. I didn't know you were Tariq's father."

"I know." I watch his movements closely as he trudges over to me and stands to my side. I turn and face him.

"You're such a smart girl. How on earth did you manage to be here?"

"Their daughter Mariyah is my roommate at school."

"Your sister." He points his index finger at me, the same hand that's still holding his glass.

"Yeah. I met Tariq at school too."

"Oh, I know. I see you have a violent way of meeting people for the first time." He smirks, in reference to the incidents of the first time I met Tariq and the first time I met him.