12 | Wish it was a bad dream

UNEDITED

"There you guys are," Jane called out to us as we got closer to the bus.

"Where's your mom?" Alan asked her, looking around.

"She went ahead of us." She pushed a stray blonde hair behind her ear. "Now come on, others are already here."

She led the way inside, and I was taken back for a moment to see a lot of people inside.

"These are my relatives, guys." She went on to introduce each one, but I had forgotten their names as soon as she did; there were too many. I sighed in relief when we reached the back. It was mostly empty, except for Avery and Leo, the former engrossed in watching something on her phone and the latter munching on some cookies.

"Hey you guys," Jane greeted them as we took seats. I immediately went for the window seat and since all other seats were taken, Alan reluctantly sat down next to me. He exchanged some fist bump handshake with Leo, who had then focused his attention back to Avery, who was still engrossed on her phone.

Jane had gone to sleep as soon as she got comfortable, mumbling "I shouldn't have pulled an all nighter."

"You were doing work?"

Avery's ears perked up at my question and she smiled at me.

"More like binge watching shows."

"In my defense, Jensen ackles is a blessing to watch," Jane mumbled sleepily, eyes closed as she leaned her head against the seat.

Avery and I exchanged an amused smile at that, then she went right back to whatever had her occupied.

"You've been on your phone the past hour, Avery. This was supposes to be a fun trip," Leo complained.

"Shhh he's smirking right now."

"Who's smirking?" I piped in, curious.

"Him." She turned the screen to me and I found myself staring at a very hot animated man. He had his hair slicked back, a smirk on his face, much like Alan's.

"He's hot." I told her honestly. "I didn't know you watched anime."

"I guess I never told you, come to think of it." She shrugged, focusing her attention back to the screen. Leo, who looked both bored and offended, took thjs chance to grab her phone.

"Leo," Avery muttered through gritted teeth, "give that back."

"No."

"Give it back. Now."

"No."

"Omae wa mou shindeiru."

"What?" Leo said, confused. "You'll hit me more in the shin?"

He slowly backed away towards the others.

"That's pretty close," Avery told him, going after him to get her phone back.

Laughing at their antics, I turned to Alan, who had his eyes closed with headphones on. His arms were folded and he looked comfortable.

"Are you sleeping?" I asked him, staring at his long lashes in jealousy. They were longer than mine.

"Yeah," he answered. "I'm having a pretty good dream too."

"What are you dreaming about?" I asked, trying not to laugh.

"I can't tell you that."

I turned my head towards the window, opening it to let the wind in. Soon, I found the sound of wind and Alan's soft breaths lulling me to sleep.