11 | Not a morning person

UNEDITED

I glared at the hard wooden door which led to the drama practice, hoping that somehow it would dissapear. Hopefully from a laser blasted from my eyes.

"Stop glaring at the door and get in," Alan said, coming to a stop behind me.

He sure was good at sneaking up on people. I hadn't even heard him walk over.

I directed my glare to him.

"That won't help you either." He stated, one of his hands in his pocket, the other on a bag slung over his shoulder. His dark hair was messy as usual, yet he still managed to look good. It was frustrating.

Letting out a huff, I opened the door to our doom.

The door was heavy and creaked as if it hadn't been opened in years. Whatever chatter the room held died away as curious glances were casted towards us. We stepped in, looking as thrilled as a kid going to the dentist.

Some excited whispers were heard as the girls saw Alan and I narrowed my eyes at them. They didn't need to stare at him that much.

The teacher -at least who I assumed was the teacher- greeted us with a smile. In an attempt to be more friendly I offered her one of my own. Though because of the whispering gang at the back it only looked like I was constipated.

"You look like you're constipated," Alan whispered with an amused grin.

"At least I tried," I whispered back.

"You two must be the volunteers Mrs. Cornwell mentioned." The teacher talked in a friendly manner. She appeared to be in her late 40s, from the various wrinkles on her face.

I nodded, and Alan didn't make any attempt at conversation.

"You're just in time. I'm Mrs. Linz. Mrs. Cornwell said you two work hard so I'm counting on you. The showcase is close."

Just how much did that woman love that stupid model?

"You can count on us," I told her with fake enthusiasm.

Avery waved at us cheerfully from a corner as we followed the teacher into class. Leo was right beside her, sporting a grin. He wiggled his eyebrows suggestively at me, gesturing at Alan. I fought back a blush and gave him an impassive stare.

Mrs. Linz started to speak again, and I turned to her, hoping my face wasn't resembling a tomato.

"For the showcase, we're going to do a play. But this time, it has to all come from you students. The script, the acting, the props, everything. I want to see exactly how much you have to offer." The students hung on every word. "But right now, we're going to use," she paused, taking something from a box beside her. It was a mask. The mask of a bear, to be more specific. It looked like one of those stuffed teddy bears for kids instead of the ones in the wild. "These masks. I'll divide you all into groups of two. One of you will be given the mask. The one with the mask has to take a piece of paper," she said, holding up a jar, "from this jar and act out what is written on it. It may be something completely different from the mask or the same. Pay atrention Leo."

"Sure Mrs. Linz." Leo grinned sheepishly, which only made me question what he could be up to.

Mrs. Linz turned her attention back to the class.

"Now, those of you not wearing the mask have to figure out what the other is trying to convey."

"Can we-" Leo started.

"Of course, you aren't allowed to talk to anyone while wearing the mask. You must act it out." Mrs. Linz said, cutting him off.

"First, let's see a demonstration from our lovely volunteers." Mrs. Linz took the bear mask and handed it to Alan, who put it on with a lot of inner struggle. She then offered him the jar, from which he took a piece of paper. He sighed as he read it, making me wonder what it was.