Single Dad (3)

Shawn's POV

It's been a couple of weeks since we made the adoption final. We were happy being together. The kids all got along, Isabella and Gracie were finishing 1st grade. Peter and Grayson were turning 4 in May. Y/N and I were happy.

We were currently watching a movie in the living room when we heard a knock on the door. I got up from my seat and headed for the door with Isabella in my arms.

I opened the door and saw an unfamiliar face. "Can I help you?" I ask with a confused face.

"Yeah, you fucking can, where are my girls?" He spits, anger evident in his eyes.

"First of all, you can calm down. Second of all, stop cussing I have a child in my hands. And lastly, I don't have your girls" I reply.

"Yes you do. You're Shawn fucking Mendes aren't you? The guy who took my daughter and my girlfriend away from me."

My whole body went numb. This was Isabella's dad. Y/N's ex-boyfriend, Steven. There was no way he was going to see Y/N or touch Isabella. I let Isabella down and tell her to go to her mommy.

"No, daddy. I want to stay with you" She whines.

"Isabella Marie, please listen to me" I beg, I didn't want her to hear our conversation.

"Isabella? You're so big now. I'm your daddy, he's not your daddy" Steven says, launching forward trying to take Isabella from me.

I step back "You are not laying a hand on my daughter. You can leave" I scold.

"I'm not going anywhere until I get my girlfriend and daughter back" He replies.

"She's not your girlfriend and Isabella is not your daughter. You were the one who abandoned her"

"Babe, who's at the do-"

I sigh, I didn't want Y/N to see him. I didn't want to give her any stress. I didn't want her to see him and fall in love with him again. I didn't want her to leave me. What if she decides to leave and take Isabella with her?

All these "What If's" kept swallowing all my thoughts and I almost forgot about the fact that Steven is right in front of my face.

"Steven, why are you here? How'd you find us" Y/N let's out.

"I have my ways baby girl. I'm here for you and my daughter. I'm here to get you guys back" He replies, trying to get a hold of Y/N's hands.

I grab Y/N's hands and pulled her close to me. "Don't touch her. You don't have a right to come here and act like you didn't leave them. You should leave before we call the police"

"Son of a bitch, they're both coming with me, now let go of my girls" He lunges forward and grabs Isabella.

"Give me back my daughter, asshole" I spit, coming towards him and landing a punch on his right eye.

"Shawn!!!" Y/N yells.

"Grab Isabella and take the kids upstairs"

"But Shawn-"

"Please Y/N" I beg, placing a kiss on her soft lips. She nods her head and walks away with Isabella in her arms.

"I don't know who you think you are, but you should leave before I put you on a gurney" I shout, shoving him back. 

He keeps his balance and aims for my face, but I quickly move backwards and he stumbles to the ground.

"Leave my family alone"

He gets up and quickly tackles me to the ground, and starts throwing punches on my face. I try to get out of his hold, but his punches were coming too fast and I started to lose my vision. The last thing I saw was red and blue flashing lights.

Narrator

Y/N had called 911 as soon as she was upstairs with her kids, but as soon as the ambulance came, Shawn was already unconscious.

It's been two weeks since Shawn was brought to the hospital. He was in a coma ever since he had the surgery.

Steven had gotten some good punches to his ribs and his face. Part of his ribs were fractured. His nose was broken and his eyes were swollen. It was definitely not a sight you would want to see.

Steven was charged with assault and battery and was put in a county jail for six months, and also had to pay a fine of $5,000.

Y/N stayed next to Shawn every single night. The kids would visit in the afternoons with Karen and Manuel. It was hard for the Mendes family. All they wanted was for Shawn to wake up.

It was 3 days before Peter and Grayson's birthday. Both boys didn't want a big birthday party with all their friends, they wanted to stay next to their dad and be with him.

On the morning of the boy's birthday, the whole family was there. They had balloons, cupcakes, and gifts. Everyone was happy, but the boys.

Y/N had asked them what was wrong and they replied with "Our birthday wish hasn't come true yet"

"What was your birthday wish?" Y/N asked.

"We can't tell you mommy, or else it won't come true"

Y/N nodded her head and hugged both of the boys. She knew what they wished for and her heart ached. She wished for the same thing. Every single night she would pray. She would look for a shooting star. She would do anything for her husband to wake up.

That same night as Karen and Manuel were leaving Karen held her son's hand and gave him a quick kiss on the forehead. She was about to turn around and let go when she felt a tight grip on her hand.

Shawn had finally opened his eyes and have awoken from his coma.

I guess wishes do come true.
--

I almost turned this into a sad ending, but I've tortured you guys too much.

I've started writing another book and I'm so excited for you all to read it.

Meanwhile, enjoy this Last part.

Enjoy xx