Adoption

Shawn's POV

Y/N and I have been trying to conceive a child, but it's been a rollercoaster. Emotionally and physically. It's been over a year since we started fertility treatments.

We have had one miscarriage and that was enough for Y/N to give up. Every night was the same. I would come home from the studio. Dinner would be made, but no sight of Y/N. I would head to our bedroom and change into my pajamas.

My heart breaking even more, when I see Y/N curled up in bed sobbing. "Baby girl" I call out.

"Go away, Shawn" she sobs.

"No princess, we're in this together" I say, rubbing her back gently. She puts her head on my shoulder crying into my shirt.

"I just want to give you what you want. Why is it so hard to have children when you really want it" she stutters, wiping away her tears.

"I know princess, but you're all I want. You make me happy. We have other options we can continue trying, or we can head to an orphanage to adopt a child" I say, looking into her eyes.

"I want that, but I've wanted to become a mother of my own for so long. I've always to breastfeed, I wanted to feel the labor pains, the cravings, I want it all goddammit" she says, punching the bed multiple times.

"Princess, stop it. You never know, we might get lucky in the future, but for now if we really want a child we can always adopt. We can go to the orphanage tomorrow to see, if your down for that" I suggest.

"That would be nice. I'm sorry Shawn. I'm sorry for being an emotional wreck. I know I've been stubborn and annoying for the past couple of weeks. I just really wanted this for us. I wanted us to have our own family" she says.

"I love you princess, it will happen. We just have to be positive"

She nods her head and cuddles closer to me."I want to go to the orphanage tomorrow morning"

"Okay honey, go rest. I'm gonna heat up the dinner you made and bring it up for us" I say, kissing her forehead.

Next Morning

The curtains to our condo start to open, like it does every morning at 8am. I roll over in bed and see Y/N still sleeping. I decided to give her some space and make breakfast.

I did some research on orphanages in Toronto and there was one about 45 minutes away. They had children from 1 month all the way to 18 years old. All of their profiles were on the website and I came across a little baby boy, that was born just two days ago.

He didn't have a name yet, which was odd, but I definitely wanted to go tell Y/N about that.

"Babe" Y/N says, slowly walking up to me.

"Good morning princess, I made you breakfast. I also did some research on the orphanages around town and I think you'll like what I found" I say, placing some eggs, bacon, and toast on her plate.

She sits down on the stool, thanking me and kissing me on the lips. "What'd you see babe?"

"I found this little boy who was born two days ago, and he doesn't have a name yet" I reply, showing her the laptop screen.

"He's cute, his are so light oh my gosh. We definitely have to see him today!" she exclaims, smiling at the picture of the little boy. She hasn't smiled since we got the false positive pregnancy test.

After breakfast we decided to start our journey. Y/N was a successful youtuber and she decided to document this wonderful moment.

"Hey guys!! It's been a couple of weeks since I've last posted a video and as some of you may have know, that Shawn and I have been trying to have a baby. Things haven't gone our way, but right now we are headed to the Toronto Orphanage. We are very hopeful that we find someone who connects with us on another level. I'll see you guys there" she says to the camera before blowing a kiss to the lens.