Marrying Someone Else (2)

Y/N's POV

When I turned around I saw Emily standing with a big smile on her face.

"Hey Emily" I smile, hugging her.

"Hey Y/N, hey little munchkin" Emily replies.

Gracie hides her head in the crook of my neck and Emily looks at her weirdly. She shrugs it off and tells us where Gracie needed to be.

"You stay here okay baby" I say, setting her down next to the ring bearer.

"Okay mama" she pouts, hugging her teddy bear.

I walk back to the outside of the venue where I see Karen shedding a few tears. I run up to her and embrace her in a tight hug.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Aaliyah told me everything, it just made my heart ache" She replies.

"You and me both, Karen" I pout. "But if he's happy then we should be happy for him. We can't change the way he feels"

They both nod their head and give me a soft smile.

I would kill to be in this family again. I tried my hardest to hold back my tears. I had to suck it up. I couldn't let this get to me again.

The girls and I linked arms, walking into the venue. We watched the final rehearsal before the actual wedding. The final rehearsal was basically just for the bridesmaid and groomsmen to adjust to their new partners. Shawn and Emily were both getting ready, in different rooms of course.

"Mommy! Look this is Tyler he's the ring bearer" Gracie says running towards Karen, Aaliyah, and I.

"I see, hello Tyler" I smile at him.

"Hello mam" He says.

"You are very polite, how old are you Tyler?" I ask.

He holds up 5 fingers and I smile.

"He's my mother's sister's daughter's son" I heard a voice behind me say.

I knew that voice anywhere. His voice was soothing and always made me melt at the sound of it.

I turned around and saw Shawn in a light lavender suit. His hair was perfectly quaffed and smooth. He looked perfect.

"Hello, Shawn" I smile as he pulls me into a soft hug.

"Hey hun, how's Gracie?" He asks.

I smile at the nickname.

"I'm fine daddy" Gracie says with a lot of attitude.

Shawn gives me a confused look and I shrug.

"What's wrong Gracie?" He asks bending down to her height.

She pouts and turns her back on her dad. Out of the corner of my eye I see Aaliyah and Karen trying not to laugh. I shake my head at them and turn all my attention back to Shawn and Gracie.

"I'm mad at you" She mumbles.

"What did I do babe?" Shawn asks, tilting his head in confusion.

"I don't want you to get ma-"

Gracie gets interrupted by Emily's mom calling Shawn.

"Shawn, you have to go to the altar" She says, giving me a bad look.

She never liked me, she always thought I was in the way of Shawn and Emily. Well news flash lady, I have a daughter with him so you're gonna have to deal with me.

"We'll talk later Gracie. I need to go now. I'll see you all later" He says, quickly giving Gracie, Aaliyah, and Karen a kiss on the cheek.

He follows Emily's mom and once he was out of the room, Gracie starts to cry.

Aaliyah grabs her before I can and she cradles her in her arms.

"I was going to tell him that I didn't want him to get married too Emily. Maybe he would've listened to me" She cries.

"Honey, everything will be okay, everything happens for a reason " Karen says rubbing her back softly.

Gracie was taking the news harder than any of us. She wouldn't stop crying, her eyes were becoming bloodshot. We tried to get her to stop because she was about to walk down the aisle in a couple minutes.

"Gracie, baby mommy is going to need you to stop crying. After you walk down the aisle and after the reception, we can go get ice cream" I beg her.

"You guys can spend the night at my new place, Gracie can finally meet my new puppy" Aaliyah suggests.

"I want to come, we can have a girls night" Karen pitches in.

Gracie starts to smile and nod her head. "YES I WANT!!! I want too meet puppy, mommy won't let me have puppy until my birthday"

We all giggle at her reaction, I was about to thank Karen and Aaliyah, but the wedding bells rang before I got the chance to.

My heart dropped at the sound. It was time, the girls and I dropped Gracie off next to the ring bearer. I blew her a kiss before walking to my seat, which was right next to Aaliyah in the second row. Karen and Manny were both in front of us.

I looked up at the altar and saw Shawn. He had a touch of makeup on his face, his fingers were messing with each other. He was putting on a fake smile. I wanted to go up to him and ask him what was wrong, but it wouldn't be my place to ask. After this, the hope I had for us getting back together was gone. After he gets married, I'm gonna have to distance myself from him.

I lean my head on Aaliyah's shoulder and softly sniffle, as tears start to well up in my eyes. Karen turns around giving me a sympathetic smile. Aaliyah rubs my shoulder and I wipe the tears from my face, carefully trying not to ruin my makeup.

I looked up at Shawn one last time before the ceremony starts. When I looked up, I saw him staring at me. When he notices me staring back at him he looked away, rubbing his eyes.

--

Do you guys want a happy ending? a sad ending? both?