Sentimental

Skylar Marie Mendes' POV

Hello, my name's Skylar Marie. I am 18 years old and I'm the daughter of former pop star Shawn Mendes and former actress Y/N Mendes. I am currently on my last show of my first headlining tour. My last show is of course, my hometown show. I have 2 other brothers Ryan and Raul. Sadly I'm the only girl and I have to deal with 3 boys in the house.

Both my brother's took my mother's footstep and did acting, even though we were all 2 years apart, we gave each other the most support when one needed it. My mother and father were the most amazing and supportive parents there ever were. I never actually wanted to be a singer, but dad got me my first guitar when I was 12 and I couldn't stop playing ever since then.

My dad had retired from singing 2 years ago. Right before my career took off. My mother still did some acting here and there, but not as much as she would usually do. They were both 40 years old, I know wow they're old.

They're both still good looking and I'm so lucky I got their beautiful genes. I was currently headed to soundcheck when my mother had texted me that they were on their way.

I was so excited because my whole family was gonna here all at once. My brothers were always busy so they would usually go to the shows that were near wherever they were filming. This is the first time that they are both here with my parents.

I was so ecstatic for the show. I'm just hoping my parents would love it, especially my dad. He gave me so much advice on how to prepare for a show, answering questions, preparing for interviews. He was basically my manager and my support system. He was the wisest person on earth. I was so thankful to have him as a father.

Shawn's POV

Today was an emotional and sentimental day for the whole family. I am so unbelievably proud of my daughter. I remember doing my first hometown show, I was around 20 years old, but here we have my own daughter beating me. She's 18 years old and has had so much success in the pass couple of years.

She's already moved out. Gotten her own place. Traveled the world and headlined her first tour, just before her 19th birthday.

Of course I'm proud of my 2 sons, but I have a deeper connection with Skylar. My 3 kids meant the absolute world to me and I wouldn't know what to do without them.

"Dad we're here" Raul says, snapping me out of my thoughts. I nod my head and get out of the passenger seat.

I open the door for Y/N and head towards the arena. This brings back so many memories. Fans we're lined up and screaming our names as we were walking in the building.

I could hear Skylar's voice echoing through the arena as she does soundcheck.

We head to the backstage area and head to the green room, to wait for Skylar. The boys are practicing lines and Y/N is leaning her head against my chest.

"Baby, do you remember the first time we came here?" she asks, looking up at me with her brown eyes.

I nod my head "Yeah we were engaged back then, this was my first hometown show and that's where we had Raul. Raul was the oldest him being 20. Skylar being 18 and Ryan being 16.

This whole family was filled with great talent and I couldn't be more lucky.

My parents soon came through the door, smiling so big.

We say our hello's before getting deep into conversation. We suddenly get interrupted by a small giggle, we turn to the door and see my younger sister Aaliyah with her two twin daughters and her husband right behind her.

Suddenly we hear someone run in and it's my daughter, Skylar.

We all stand up and congratulate her. Y/N getting emotional as she hugs her daughter, who's taller than her by a couple inches.

"I have a question for you dad" Skylar exclaims.

"What's up honey?" I ask letting go from her hug.

"Can you please do the honor and sing 'Never Be Alone' with me, please" she begs.

"Of course honey, when are you singing it?" I ask.

"I was planning on singing it at B-stage and have you come out the side entrance" she explains.

I nod my head and decided to wear something presentable. I was wearing black jeans , a white T-shirt,  a denim jacket, and my black Chelsea boots.

I haven't performed in years and I was getting the pre show jitters. By the time I had gotten changed Skylar had already left for her M&G.

"I'm so proud of you honey" Y/N says, excitedly.

"Thanks honey, I love you" I say, kissing her lips softly.

The time has come. I was heading to the side entrance while my whole family headed up to one of the suites in the arena.

"Today, I wanted to do something special. I woke up this morning and thought of ways to make this show an unforgettable experience. As some of you may know, my father Shawn Mendes has retired. My father has been a big inspiration to me and to a lot of you guys. He's taught me how to play guitar, piano, he's taught how to handle my singing and he's taught me how to love. My dad has brought be out on dates, so I know how to be treated by a guy, as he would say. I would say that's it's just an excuse to hang out with me, because why not, I'm fabulous" she says, the whole arena filled with laughter. "Anyways I just wanted to say I love you dad, you're my rock. And mom you're my person I love you so much and I wouldn't be the girl I am right now without you. I love you both. Ryan and Raul you guys are a pain in the ass, but I wouldn't be here without your support. I love you both. Okay enough of the sappy speech. Please give a warm welcome to my father, Shawn Mendes" she exclaims, the whole arena burst out in screams.

"Oh god, how am I suppose to perform, when you have my tearing up" I jokingly said into the mic.

"I love you dad" Skylar says.

I get handed a guitar and I put it around my shoulder. Skylar standing next to me as we face the crowd.

"This is Never Be Alone, sing along with us, if you know it" I say.

The song was over and I was in tears. My daughter has grown up so much, I wasn't ready to let go. I said my thank you's to the crowd and gave a little speech for Skylar. I headed to the suite where everyone was. Y/N and my mom pulling me into a hug, bursting out into tears. I hug them as tight as I can and rub their backs.

My life was complete. We watched our daughter play her last show of her first headlining tour. I had my family beside me. I had my wife beside me. I had everything I could ever want.

Tonight was extra special and extra sentimental.

Okay
Wow I almost cried