CHAPTER FIVE

M I L E S P O V

I'm still spaced out with what is going on. My mind is racing, my body shakes with fear. Tyrone's stag is tonight too. This is when my life changed. But I need to make sure I keep Kia in my thoughts. Can't lose her for good. 

It ripped my heart apart when she died in my arms. Take a deep breath look over at Kia who is sitting with Drake. Drake is nine months old, still very much dependent on Kia. I have a chance to get to know my son too. 

Kyra is sitting on the floor resting on the coffee table with her colouring book. She is pretty, just like her mother. Rest my head on the back of the sofa. Close my eyes for a few minutes. "Miles." Kia's soft voice woke me up. My eyes open looking up at her beautiful smile placed my palms on her cheeks to pull her to my warm lips. Our lips touch, our tongues fighting. The passion is flowing through my body of wanting her is heating inside me. 

Pull her on to my lap, bury my face in the crook of her neck. "I love you." Tighten my embrace to show her just how much I meant what I said. She lifts my head, looks deep into my eyes. "I love you more," Her soft voice tells me. Laugh knowing she meant every word she tells me. "I know you do." My arms wrap tight around her, pulling her tight to my body.

"You need to get ready for the stag party," She whispers. "I would rather stay here with you." She smirks at me. Looks at Tyrone who had a surprised look on his face. "Sure, you would," She tells me and stands. "I need to get the children home to bed." Stand to lift her into my arms she wraps her legs around me.

"I wish you two would wait until we leave," Jax said to us. Placed my forehead on hers, she smiles. "You need to get ready. I need to get home." Making new memories hoping this is my real life. Stand her up help get the children ready, wanted to be with her to make sure she is safe. 

Placed the children in their car seats. "Miles, I hope you enjoy yourself tonight." Lean in through the window to kiss her. 

All that is on my mind is what happened at the stag party. Have to prevent it from happening can't lose Kia. It's too painful for my heart to go through. All my emotions I felt when she died. I lost it. Lost the woman I love my wife. Watched the car drive along the drive until it is out of sight. 

Turn walk back into the house. Tyrone, Ross and Jax are standing in the hallway with their hands in their pockets staring at me. "Miles, we have been watching you all day. We know there is something going on." Ross says. I shake my head look at the floor. If I told them what happened, they would think I'm insane. "We are your brothers. Speak to us." Tyrone's words are true. We are brothers.

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you." Rub my face they just stand there gazing at me. "Okay." Take a deep breath. "No idea what is real. All I know is yesterday I'm sitting in the church looking at Kia's coffin and at her graveside lost all my sanity." They stare at me with wide eyes. "We get back here for the wake sit with my two children. Take them into the garden so, they could play." My tears fall, I couldn't help it.

"When did this all happen?" Jax asks. Look at them all. "Just over two years from now. But it's what happens tonight that divines my future. I did the unthinkable to Kia. The guilt I have, I left her and the children not realising she is battling to stay alive. Left her. And two years later she dies in my arms." I couldn't help but sob. Sit on the stairs. 

Just thinking about her in my arms taking her last breath is too much. Finally, look up at my mates. They looked in shock at what I told them. "Miles, if what you said happened you need to help her fight." Jax is the closest one to Kia, he loves her like she's his own sister. "I know, mate. I need to change my own future. But what happens if I can't stop Kia from dying?" Take a deep breath while trying to stop my tears.