CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

K I A  P O V

Miles comes storming outta the cabin towards where I'm sitting, thrusting his hands in the air.

"My father's lost his goddamn mind," He rants as he halts on the wooden dock, staring down at me with Drake in my arms.

"What the hell are you talking about?" I inquired, passing Drake to Maxine, so I could speak to Miles.

"I've just had an unusually amusing conversation with my father about Sable. I understand you claimed to keep an open mind..." He pauses and stares out over the lake. "Well, she's not flirting with me. Oh, no. She wants to get to know me because..." His words trail off as he collects himself.

I stand face to face with Miles, demanding him to glance at me, but he maintains his gaze on the lake.

"Babe, what the hell. I can't even believe what my father said. She's my goddamn sister." He hisses and lowers his head. 

"Miles, sit down with your father and listen to him. Your parents have their reasons why they kept her from you. Your mother thought it was best to keep the pregnancy to herself and that was unacceptable to do that to your father and you." He steps back from me with a sour expression.

"You fucking had the knowledge all this time and never mentioned anything to me? How could you, Kia? How could you keep this from me when I'm your husband? My god, I never dreamed you would not disclose something that would impact my life from me?" He yells, and it echoes through the trees.

"It wasn't my place to tell you it was your father. I was battling to stay alive. So don't fucking judge me. I wish I had died," I scream at him as I step aside to make my way back to the cabin.

"Kia, please babe don't be like that. I'm irritable, furious as hell and my mind is speeding outta control. I'm sorry, Kia," Shake my head and enter into the cabin.

He needs to have time to himself so he can figure it all out. 

Entered the cabin to see dad leaning against the kitchen counter with Sable sitting at the table with gloomy expressions.

"He didn't take it well. He erupted, telling me he didn't know who I was and his mother was not worth a breath." Dad said folding his arms.

"Dad, give him time. It's a lot for him to discover he's got a younger sister." I said hugging him.

"I hope you're right," He said taking his cup in his hand.

I glanced over to Sable who is just as upset as Miles is and all she wants to do is get to know her brother.

It's some fucked up shit but when Miles's mother left she never contacted Ed to notify him she was pregnant and she never returned home either. 

Ed knew nothing of Sable until she was the replacement secretary and spoke to Ed asking him questions. 

But still, Miles's mother wanted nothing to do with Ed and brought the baby up with the help of nannies and sending her to boarding school at the age of four.

It's no surprise they both loathe their mother for her actions. But Miles shouldn't blame his father for what his mother did.  

"Sable, he will come around. You got to be patient with him. He's got a kind heart." She smiles and I leave the room heading up the stairs to the bedroom.

Damped my face and peer in the mirror. "Thought my life was fucked up?" I smirked and the door opens.

"Mummy why is daddy shouting?" Kyra asks as she stands in the doorway.