CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

M I L E S  P O V

The last couple of weeks have been murder, watching Kia fight a fever that's consumed her. Her poor little body is battling, but it's losing and Donny doesn't like how the cancer is spreading.

He wants to get her in the operating theatre soon as possible before it's too late.

Sitting beside her, reading over my emails and doing some work on my laptop while I stay with her. 

I've not ventured into the office since Kia's been here, so I'm keeping up to date with the reports, and my father is handling all the other stuff.

Tyrone and Alba are watching the children when I need them to, and I have them overnight, making sure Kyra doesn't get too upset.

Kia wakes for just a few minutes and falls back to sleep from exhaustion. Just want her to have enough energy to have the op.

I'm mentally and physically exhausted from lack of sleep and not eating right, but Kia needs me and I'm going to be here for her.

Grea popped in to see how she was doing as she had to stay in and rest too. But still no baby.

Picked my cup up and take a large mouthful when Donny steps into the room. "Miles, I've just come from a meeting with the plastic surgeon. We have discussed at length the reconstruction of Kia's breasts." I'm staring at this guy who is talking about my wife's tits.

"Will you do it at the same time?" I asked.

"When Kia is able we will work side by side to get the cancer out and reconstruct her new breasts. They will look and feel real and no other person would know the difference." It's a lot to soak in but I'm hopeful Kia will be happy.

He checks her over and leaves.

Gazed at Kia with a smile and leant forward to whisper to her. "Kia, babe I was thinking about the first time you rode in my car. The day you flew back in the seat when you reclined it and made me laugh." She smiles.

"How could I ever forget when I told the guy you needed a cock enlargement," She made me laugh.

"Babe, I'm sorry I got angry with you." I gaze into her beautiful blue eyes.

"I was stupid and childish. You were right Miles and I acted immaturely." Smoothed my fingers over the soft skin on her cheek.

"You were only having fun. I was too uptight and took everything too serious. Until you came into my life and opened my heart." I told her.

"Miles, are you flirting with me?" 

"Might be."

"How about you give me a cuddle." 

"My wife needs me." She laughs and I slip my shoes off to lay beside her.

She buries her face in my chest as my arms tuck around her tiny fragile body holding her tenderly with love.

"Miles, I love you."

"I love you, Kia."

Closed my eyes listening to her breath as she falls back to sleep and I fall asleep too.

***** 

I'm woken by the door opening and the guys entering the room. Lift my head to smile but Kia is wrapped so tight in my embrace I didn't want to let her go.

"How is she, Miles?" Jax asks.

"Still tired and the fever is taking its toll on her battered body," I answer.