CHAPTER TWO

M I L E S P O V

Kia is acting strange. She asked me to collect the children from nursery and school. Arrived at the office to cancel my meetings for the afternoon. One o'clock came. Collect Drake. He never speaks much to me. But when he is around Kia, he talks most of the time. 

Took him back to the condo so he could play with his toys as I sit on the sofa with my laptop doing some work. A short while later made our lunch and we sit to eat. Drake, my son, stares at me like I'm a stranger to him I should have been there for the last two years. It was my choice to leave Kia and my children. 

They have suffered for what I done, and I can't put it right. It got to the time to pick up Kyra. Put Drake in his car seat drove to Kyra's school to collect her. We get back to the house. Kia is sitting in the lounge with her drawing pad. "Thank you, Miles." That's all she says. She kisses the children. 

She stands walks to the kitchen. She prepares the food for dinner. Glance on the counter to see her drawings, she had done for Kyra and Drake. "These are amazing," I said while picking them up to have a better look. "Hope you would pay to have the models made for them?" She turns away from me. 

Couldn't understand why she is asking me to do this. She never asks me to do anything. "Yes. I will get these made for them." Kissed her cheek. Picked the designs up left.

******************* 

The week went fast, picking the children up every day from school and the nursery. Kia's not been to work at the cafe either. 

It's Saturday I'm getting ready to leave for the cabin to have a break. Wanted Kia to come and my children. She said I could take Kyra and Drake if I wanted. But I honestly wanted her to come. Left my condo ready to head to the cabin. Tyrone, Ross and Jax are meeting me there later. 

Needed to stop by the house to see my children first. Pulled up to the house seeing a removal van, confused about what is happening. 

Walked to the door to see Kia carrying boxes, placing them near the front door for the removal men. "Kia, what's happening?" She looks shocked to see me. "I had to move the rent went up too much." She carries on moving boxes around. "When were you going to tell me?" Kept my cool. 

Not wanting to get into an argument. "I planned on telling you when you got back from the cabin." She carries on taking boxes from the kitchen to the front door, stacking them. "I want to see the children before I left," She smiles stands straight glance at her noticed lost so much weight. 

She looks unwell, her eyes look like she had dark bags under them. Her beautiful face is pale no colour in her cheeks or lips, her complexion is unusual. Make my way to the garden to see my children, "The kids are out the back playing," She replies and carries on helping the removal guy's. 

Walked out to the back to see my children. They are on the swing set playing. "Daddy," Kyra said. She runs to me. "Hi, baby. Wanted to see you before leaving to the cabin." Lift her into my arms. "Mummy said you will be away for a little while, but I can ring you." Cuddle my daughter while Drake carries on playing. "Drake. You little devil." Try to take him from the swing set, but he is having none of it. "Daddy, will you come to the new house?" Kyra asks. "I will come to see you soon as I get back." Kissed my children with a hug walk back into the house to find Kia. She's sitting with her face in her hands. 

She looks in pain. "Kia, I will see the children soon as I get back." She smiles went to stand but stumbled practically falling to the floor. Grabbed her arm to stop her from falling, watched a bruise form from where my grip is. She just rubs her arm. "Kyra and Drake will like that." She walks me to my car. Lean forward to kiss her cheek and leave.