CHAPTER THIRTEEN

K I A P O V

Miles had been so caring and sexy the last few days, showing me passion and pleasure. It's been endless sex and intense, on the verge of my limit.

He had me calling his name time and time again, plus my body was outta control, in need of him.

Glanced up from the magazine I'm reading while having chemo. I need to have it when Drake is at daycare for a couple of hours.

I've not found a way to mention to Miles I started treatment, but he will find out soon enough with losing my hair.

Sit straight when tiredness takes over and I still have to collect Drake in an hour. Gazed at my phone, and scrolled down to Miles's number.

"Kia, babe, I'm in a meeting can I call you back when I'm done?" Take a deep breath, about to hang up, but something inside me tells me to tell him. "Miles, I'm in the hospital having chemo," I said.

"Kia, I'm on my way." "Miles, I need you to collect Drake from daycare first. Please, babe." He takes a deep breath. "I'll be with you soon as I collect Drake." We end the call and I placed my mobile on my lap.

"Kia, How are you feeling?" Donny asked as he sits beside me to take my temperature. "Very tired," I answer. "Is Miles, collecting you?" "Yes, soon as he's collected, Drake," I reply and he stands. 

"I will see you tomorrow at the same time." I nod and he leaves. 

A short while later I'm woken by Miles kissing my cheek. "Kia, babe, we should get you home so you can sleep." His voice is low and sweet. All I can do is smile. I don't have the energy to do much.

*****

Relaxed on the sofa I can hardly keep my eyes open and when I comb my fingers through my hair to see clumps. 

Miles, shakes his head and kneels on the floor. "Baby, we will get through this. How about if we get a hairdresser to come?" He said, taking my hands in his. "Miles, what would be better is if I asked them to make a wig with my own hair before I lose it all." He smiles.

"I will make a few phone calls." He kisses me and stands to grab his phone. "I'll be in the kitchen if you need me." I smiled, and he stepped outta the door.

My eyes closed and I fall asleep but when I wake I'm in bed, all tucked up with Miles beside me, cuddling up close.

Closed my eyes again and felt all weird like something is wrong. "Miles, babe, I don't feel right." He leaps from the bed and grabs his phone to call Donny. 

I can't even move my entire body is aching. "Kia, Donny wants you in the hospital now." He hangs his phone up. "What about the children?" I said, and he puts his phone to his ear. "Dad, can you come over I need to take Kia to the hospital?" Miles smiled and nods at me. "Kia, let's get you sorted. Dad's on his way." Miles, informs me.

A short while later we are heading to the hospital and I'm not with it at all. "Babe, stay awake for me." Miles sounds concerned, and his expression is the same. "I love you, Kia," Smiled and closed my eyes.

A short while later my eyes flip open and my entire family are standing in the room. "Kia, babe. You fucking worried the crap outta me. You had a fever for a few days and it broke last night." Reached my hand up to touch his cheek. 

"I love you," I whispered, and he lies next to me. "Babe, I want you to get better, but even Donny was worried about you when you slept for three days straight." Oh, I can't believe I've slept for three days. 

Tuck myself into Miles, body and get comfy for a short while before the nurse checks me over. "Chemo tomorrow and you should be alright to return home. That's Donny's orders." She informs us. Miles kisses my cheek.