CHAPTER FOURTEEN

K I A P O V

"Babe, are you all right?" Miles pulls me outta my thoughts as I sip my coffee. Smiled as I glanced across the table at Kyra who is drinking a strawberry milkshake. 

"Yeah, I'm fine," I said, placing my cup on the table.

He reaches his finger to my chin and guides my head to tilt so our eyes lock. "Kia, babe come on, I know something is up." His sweet smile and his eyes are enough to send my body hurtling into the depths of fuelled passion.

"Please stop worrying. I'm fine," Placed my palm on his cheek to reassure him and he shakes his head. 

"Not buying this fine crap. Just please tell me?" He pleads.

"I'm just tired from the chemo," I reply. Hope he will believe me.

"You don't have me fooled Kia, for one bit."He takes his fingers from my chin as the rest of the guys show up. 

Stand ready to take Kyra and Drake home while Miles had some guy time. Smiled at the guys as I left the cafe with my children making our way home.

"Mummy, can we play in the park?" Kyra asked.

"Of course baby," She smiles at my response and we head to the park.

Strolled along the path pushing the stroller as Kyra holds my hand, my mobile rings. 

Gazed at my mobile to see who it is and let it ring. I didn't recognise the number, so I was not going to answer but they are persistent and keep ringing.

"Yes," I said.

"Hello, Kia." My body froze at the sound of his voice. "What the hell do you want?" I'm angry with myself for answering the mobile.

"That's a nice way to talk to your father,"

"You are not my father and you never will be," I spit and Kyra stands gazing at me.

"Mummy, are you all right?" She asked because my voice is laced with anger, but trembling at the same time. 

Nod at her and pulled her tight to my side to hug her, kissing the top of her head.

"Kia, I need your help?" He sounds desperate. 

"You called the wrong person to ask to help you," I said. My tone is low with memories of how he treated me.

"No, I called the right person and you owe me." His voice raised and filled with a sinister tone.

He always made me feel uneasy and I know what he's like if he doesn't get his own way. 

My entire body is trembling just from hearing his voice, but it's the sinister tone that's got to me, and I'm afraid.

"I don't owe you anything. And I will be telling Miles you contacted me." I hang up and glanced around me to see if anyone is around. 

Shake my head to gather myself before contacting Miles. 

Got Miles, number up to call him, "Babe, is everything okay?" His panicked voice makes me realise he cares and how much love he shows me.

"No, it's not." I paused for a second to take a breather and proceeded to tell him. "I just had a call outta the blue from my Ex stepfather," I said and he takes a deep breath.

"What the fuck. He's got some nerve calling you after all this time. He didn't threaten you did he?" He is concerned.

"No, but he wanted my help, and I hung up on him."