Chapter 11

Mack's body fell completely cold. Vicky looked as though she were going to kill both of them on the spot. Lela's mouth had formed into a small "o" shape. "Oh my goodness!" Lela cried, taking a step behind Mack.

"Vicky, listen to me please!" Mack pleaded as Vicky started coming down the stairs. "You have to go home now!" Mack told Lela as Vicky was soon reaching the bottom. Lela didn't move. "Lela listen to me you need to--" Mack didn't get to finish. Vicky had already reached the bottom of the stairs and had slammed Mack against the wall sending a sharp pain through her head.

"Mack!" Lela cried as she watched in horror. Mack tried to push her away, but couldn't find the strength. "Damn it!" Mack cursed internally. She hadn't realized that Vicky was this fucking strong. "I knew it!!! I fucking knew you were cheating on me with this fucking slut!!!" She hissed, digging her nails into Mack's skin.

Lela glanced around the room frantically as if she were in desperate need of something. "Vicky, please...stop it. This hurts!" Mack cried through gritted teeth as a sharp pain shot through her arms. "Good! If you're going to cheat on me, how about you not cheat on me with the straightest girl in school!!!?" Vicky shouted back, slamming her against the wall again.

"We've been dating for almost half a year!!" She cried. "I'm so sorry Vicky..." Mack started. "Oh you're sorry? You're so fucking sorry huh?" Vicky mocked, punching her directly in the eye. Mack cried out in pain at the sudden blow. "Fuck you!" Vicky shouted before raising her fist again. Mack closed her eyes, waiting for the next hit. Suddenly Mack heard a loud thump. 

She opened her eyes to see Vicky on the ground more than likely unconscious and Lela standing over her with a baseball bat. She looked horrified yet apologetic at the same time. Mack could only glance from one girl to the other.

"I'm sorry, but it didn't look like the odds were in your favor." She stated looking slightly awkward. Mack stared down at an unconscious Vicky in sadness. "Thank you..." was all she could manage to get out. Mack was grateful that Lela saved her, but part of her knew that this was all her fault.

"This is is all my fault..." Mack sighed, sliding down against the wall. Lela's lips fell into a soft pout as she watched tears fall from Mack's eyes. Mack's face stung from the punch. The area around her eye was a bluish purple color. Lela rushed over to Mack's side stepping over Vicky along the way.

"No, it isn't." Lela responded, tucking some lose hair behind Mack's ear. "Yes, it is. If i hadn't have let you kiss me then Vicky wouldn't have attacked me and YOU WOULDNT HAVE HAD TO KNOCK HER UNCONSCIOUS!!!" Mack stared as her volume suddenly increased. "Shhhh" Lela cried wrapping her arms around Mack.

Mack felt guilty about this, moving Lela's arms off of her. Lela looked slightly offended. Mack stood to her feet, looking down at Vicky. "I should call her parents." She said lifelessly. "What are you going to tell them?" Lela asked in a worried tone.

About fifteen minutes later, Vicky's parents had shown up and were asking about a thousand questions. Mack had decided to tell them that she had been drinking and had taken a fall down the stairs. Luckily, they believed her story and had taken her home. Mack paced around the living room nervously.

Part of her wished that Vicky would be alright, where the other half of her wished that the blow to her head would make her forget what happened. Regardless of how it would end up, that wouldn't have erased what she had done. "Hey.." she heard a soft voice call, suddenly breaking her from her thoughts.

Lela placed her hands on her shoulders looking up at her. "How about we put some ice on that eye of yours huh?" She asked flashing her a sweet smile. Even after the horrible event that had just taken place, this caused Mack to cheer up a bit. "Okay." Mack agreed, guiding Lela to the kitchen.