Chapter 4

Grace's POV

Beep beep beep

Yay! The day finally came. I jumped out of bed and walked to the bathroom. I hoped in the shower, washed my hair and shaved. I jumped out wrapping a towel around me, then started drying my blond hair. After that, I applied some make up but not a lot because I was going to be on a plane for 24hrs. I put my hair in messy ponytail then exited the bathroom, picking out an outfit. I pulled on some black leggings and and a Pierce the veil jumper with a tank top underneath. For shoes i was sticking with simple black vans. I grabbed my phone and put a selfie on Instagram with the caption:

Australia✌️

Nobody from school followed me because I get hate, but I have 2000+ followers, I don't even think people from school know I have an Instagram.

It was now 8am and I needed to be at the airport at 9. I live just outside if LA so I decided to start driving now. I grabbed my bags and stopped by my moms room. I knocked before entering. She was still asleep so I decided to leave a note.

To mom,

I'm leaving for Australia for 2 months. Whether I actually come back is a different matter, I'm 19 and schools nearly done, I have quite a bit of money so I might just chill there. I know our relationship hasn't been the best since Ca-. Since I lost my friends, but I love you so I wanted you to know I was safe. Don't worry about me I'll be fine, you can call me or something if you want.

From Grace x

I sighed before placing it on her bedside table and shutting the door quietly. I got my bags and went out to my car putting them in the back. I hooked up my GPS since I've never been to the airport before besides from when mine and Calum's family went on holiday together when we were both really young. That was good trip!

****Skip car journey****

I pulled up to the airport and parked my car then got my bags out. I locked the car and began walking towards the main entrance. I saw a girl standing outside on her phone, I recognise her from geography and around school. She never a seems to be with anyone, so we're pretty similar now I think about it. I walked up to her just to see who she was, maybe I could make friends finally!

" Hey, um are you going to Australia? " I asked her

She looked up and nodded " Yeah, are you? "

I nodded " Um, this is kinda weird but I have nobody to sit with, well I don't even have friends. I was wondering if you wanted to be friends or something "

" Oh my god yes! Nobody really likes me at school. What's your name? " She said

" Grace, yours? "

" Taylor " She stuck her hand out and I shook it " I like your sweatshirt "

I looked down at my Pierce the veil jumper " Thanks " I smiled

" So, you wanna go get checked in? " I asked

" Yeah my mom was calling me and stuff making sure I was okay, she's overprotective " she explained laughing a bit.

" I wish my mom was like that " I mumbled, making sure she didn't hear.

We walked into the airport and did all the snazzy airport stuff, security and shit.

' Can flight 89 to Australia please board at gate 3 ' The overhead speaker sounded.

Me and Taylor smiled wildly at each other and ran on the plane, literally! We found our seats and soon we took off, chatting away!

" Oh my vid this plane has free wifi " Taylor Beemed

I laughed and we both connected to the wifi.

" So, where are you staying when we arrive? " I asked as I scrolled Instagram

" I don't know yet, I was thinking a Villa because I don't want to stay In a small shitty hotel room "

" Same, do you want to maybe stay together, like pitch in the the money together " I suggested

" Omg yeah, that would be so great " she agreed

I finally and a friend!

The only thing is, nobody, not even a friend could make me forget about Calum.

Oh Calum, Calum Calum Calum.

I just want to find him and be happy for once!