Chapter Nineteen

I Hope You Don't Mind, I Hope You Don't Mind...That I Put Down In Words, How Wonderful Life Is Now You're In The World..

                                                                        --Sir Elton John, Your Song

Chapter Nineteen:

Two Weeks Later:

Emily’s Point Of View:

Jaden was getting better, the nurse said it was because I kept on reminding him of reasons that he needed to wake up, the doctor had taken him out of the intensive care and he was now in one of what I call the normal rooms, he was awake but he didn’t really say much-he didn’t need to-Every time I mentioned the word ‘love’ or April’s name he’d clam up and tears would stream down his face and he wouldn’t talk to me for the rest of the day, so that day when I went to the hospital I wouldn’t bring up April-all I knew was that I had to talk to her-I went into the reception and signed in then I made my way up the steps towards Jaden’s room.

There were still a lot of fans and press out there despite the amount of times that I told them that Jaden is awake and he’s doing fine; The police started to question Jaden the moment he woke up, Jaden wouldn’t tell them who did it, instead he would say things like: ‘I’m tired’ or ‘I want to be left alone’ and sometimes even ‘I wonder who won the latest baseball game?’ Jaden hasn’t changed one bit, even though the doctor mentioned that he might have a bit of trouble with remembering what happened.

When I went into his room, he was sitting up in his bed watching television-Baseball, of course-and one of the male doctors were sitting in there with him, their eyes locked onto the TV screen. I sighed and placed the flowers that one of Jaden’s fans gave me on the bedside table along with the cards, sweets, balloons that his other fans sent him.

I sat down and listened to my IPod while I waited for the baseball game to end, when it did, the doctor got up and said. ‘That was an awesome game, man; I’ll give you the hundred bucks when I get back from my lunch break’

Jaden laughed and said. ‘Sure, I’ll be waiting for my money’ When the doctor left, it was like he’d just realized I was in the room. ‘Hey, Em, I won a bet-hundred bucks-the nurse who changed my bandages said I’m healing well-I guess it’s all the prayers from the fans, they’re freaking awesome aren’t they?-What’ve you been up to?’

I shrugged. ‘Nothing much, just visiting my brother in hospital and watching him watch a baseball game…’ Jaden frowned and turned to look at the television again, I took off my coat and got up from my seat, I took Jaden’s hands and forced him to look at me. ‘I’m not going to stop asking until I get the truth…who stabbed you, Jaden?’

Jaden let go of my hands and turned up the television. ‘Oh look at that, The Simpsons is on, you used to love that show’

I eyed Jaden’s face; he looked worried-very worried-If only the truth was written on his forehead. I suddenly got it, When ever I mentioned April’s name he’d start crying-out of the blue-then a nurse would have to come in to redo his bandages because he’d bleed right through them. I bit my lip so I wouldn’t’ blurt out the answer, but I couldn’t help it.

‘It was her wasn’t it?’ I demanded. ‘It was April but you’re covering up for her because you love her’

‘Shut up Emily…’ Jaden growled. ‘You don’t know anything

I scoffed. ‘It was her!-I don’t believe this!-Jaden, she could’ve killed you’

‘Emily shut the hell up!’ Jaden interrupted his face was red with fury and his voice echoed through my ears. Jaden lowered his voice when he realized he was attracting too much attention on the other side of the glass window-I’d close the curtains but the nurses needed to keep a close eye on Jaden-Jaden took my hands and I looked him in the face. ‘It wasn’t April…It was Blake, please don’t tell the police because I’m scared that if they do find out, Blake might kill April and I won’t be able to live with that’