Chapter Thirteen.

Chapter Thirteen:

April's Point Of View:

After washing myself off and putting on something different, I went downstairs to check on Taylor. He was still in the movie room watching Finding Nemo. I smiled and went into the kitchen where Blake was sitting at the dining table staring at a magazine, I never knew he was into that kind of thing...Teen Weekly, I didn't bother asking him how his day was and he didn't bother to say anything to me.

I remembered the promise I made to myself that I was going to fight back. I was going to be the sixteen year old April Hartley that fought back,

I decided to cook something other than Lasagna, this should get Blake really pissed off...yeah. I was going to make Taylor's favorite, Macaroni and cheese. I prepared everything. When the scent of cheese hit the air, Blake sprung up.

'What are you making?' Blake demanded, storming over to me. The fear was building up inside me but I wasn't going to let it get to me.

'Macaroni and Cheese' I smiled, turning to face him.

'No, you're going to make what I tell you to make and I want Lasagna' Blake ordered sounding like a three year old.

'I'm sorry Blake, but not everyone can get what they want, Taylor and I have voted and we want Mac and cheese, if you have a problem maybe you should make the lasagna yourself' I said, keeping myself composed on the outside when the fear was creeping through my blood.

'YOU LISTEN TO ME, I'M IN THE MAN OF THE HOUSE HERE, AND WHEN I ASK YOU TO DO SOMETHING, YOU BETTER FUCKING GET TO IT!!' Blake yelled, I flinched a little, Okay...this didn't go as planned.

I slapped Blake across the cheek, nice and hard, causing his head to swing to the left. Blake looked at me with his hand to his right cheek. 'I'm sorry Blake, but you don't get to tell me what to do anymore'

I turned my back to him, and layered the cheese over the macaroni and put it in the oven.

'I'm going out' Blake muttered, putting on his blazer and going out the door, slamming it behind him causing it bounce back and remain wide open. The fear began to fade away; I was no longer scared of Blake.

Blake's Point Of View:

I got into the car and drove straight to the hotel. April got to me, this hadn't happened since the first time I hit her ever since then she's been under control but that scene in the kitchen was too much, I swear if I didn't leave that room I was going to kill her, she even had the decency to slap me across the face...I wasn't going to let it go that easily, wait for tonight, she's going to get it.

Jaden's Point Of View:

All the information about me and April are in all the Teen Weekly magazines, that's most popular teenage magazine the whole of America, how am I going to get those back?-I didn't even get to tell her myself, she's going to hate me when she finds out. I looked at Emily who was still browsing on the net.

'So what are we going to do?' I asked, Emily always had plans and answers for everything but it didn't look like she had anything this time.

'Uh...Tell her, before something bad happens' Emily replied, sounding unsure of what she said.

'Okay...I was going to tell her this morning until you stormed out the house, you wanna tell me what happened?' I sighed. 'Did you get fired?'

Emily shook her head. 'Remember how Mom and Dad used to be, arguing a lot and fighting a lot?'

Scared of what she had to say next, I nodded slowly. 'Yeah...'

Emily opened her mouth then hesitated, and then she looked at me. I knew the answer.

'We have to get her and Taylor out of there' I breathed out, standing up and putting on my jacket.

'No...Jaden, we can't, Blake's dangerous' Emily sprung up from her seat at the breakfast bar.

'Emily, did you not just understand what you told me, they're having marital issues, I need to get them out of there before it gets worse!' I exclaimed, making my way to the door.

'It already has!' Emily shrieked. I turned around.

'What do you mean?' I demanded.

'I saw it, Jaden, I saw Blake beating April up, he was kicking her and punching her...he was going to kill her, so you going there is going to make it worse' Emily explained.

'So...what, you saw all that and just left her there?' I asked incredulously, I couldn't believe what I was hearing, why would someone want to beat up April, she was so perfect.

'She told me to go, I wanted to help her but she wouldn't let me' Emily whispered.

'Fine, Then I'm gonna go there' I muttered, before going out the door.

April's Point Of View:

I was reading a book, while I waited for the macaroni to finish cooking in the oven, I just remembered that Blake left the door wide open, I got up to go and close it but it was already closed. I shrugged and went to sit back down, Taylor must've closed it or the wind must've blown in.

I felt a light tap on my shoulder that startled me; I quickly turned around to see Jaden standing there, my eyes widened. 'What are you doing here?' I hissed. 'Taylor's in the movie room, if he sees you'

Jaden wasn't listening to me, how'd he even get in?-the door-Jaden lifted his hand and traced it slowly over my bruises and the cut on my eyebrow that I told him was an accident.

'I want the truth, April, Who did this to you?' Jaden whispered, lifting my chin so that I was looking at him.

'I told you Jaden, I had an accident with a knife-'Jaden cut me off by shaking his head, he didn't' believe me, what did Emily tell him?

'Lies, Tell me the truth, I'm not leaving 'till I get the truth' Jaden said, sounding serious.

'Blake' I gulped. 'Promise me you won't do anything, I'm taking care of this'

'You're taking care of this?-By what, by staying here and letting him use you as his punch bag?' Jaden turned me to face a mirror. 'Look at yourself April, look at what he's doing to you, I'd never-ever do something like that to you, I'd never lay a threatening finger on you...April he's going to keep on doing this, then one day he'll end up killing you and I can't stand by and watch this, I WON'T' Jaden said, lifting my hair out of my face to show the red hands prints of where Blake was trying to strangle me.

'What are you trying to say?' I whispered out, scared of the answer.

'I'm trying to say that I love you April, and I'm willing to do anything to get you AND Taylor away from this' Jaden replied, pressing his forehead against mine.