Ch 9

Rumpelstiltskin was in the castle of a customer that lived there. A note had reached him begging for his help to protect the kingdom against the ogre war. Perhaps he'll find what he needs there.

"Yes, I'm willing to help. For a price." Rumple stressed to the king and us guards.

"We've sent you a promise of gold." King Maurice reminded him.

"You see I uh... make gold. What I want is something a bit more special. My price is her." The dark one claimed and pointed his green scale finger at the young woman in a hefty puffy gold dress. Immediately, the king and fiancé of the woman stepped in to go against the idea. Rumple, the dark one, wasn't looking for a wife. He knew better than to scout for love when he had darkness in him.

"I wasn't asking if she was engaged. I'm not looking for love. I'm looking for a caretaker, for my rather large estate. I do hope she'll be a fine governess as well." Rumpled explained to them so they don't get any wrong ideas. The last part got their attention.

"Governess? What does a powerful dark wizard like you need to learn from my precious daughter?" The king asked. Frightened of the answers being... inappropriate.

"Not for me, you idiots. For my daughter. I'm often busy and she's been bored on a daily basis. I believe your daughter is what my daughter needs." Rumpled felt weird exposing his daughter to them. But a thought occurred to him that it may help get the woman to be more willing to go.

"A daughter? You have a daughter?! I don't believe it. It's insane."

"I say his daughter must be as twisted and evil as he is." The fiancé said. But as quick as he said that, all the men (but the woman) were thrown back by a strong force of wind. The dark one had his hand up, clearly showing that he had caused it. His once creepy smile was replaced with a glare towards them.

"Don't you dare comment on my daughter in such a way. If I hear another negative comment about my daughter, I will kill you in an instant." He threatened through his teeth.

"Get out. Now!" King Maurice demanded.

"As you wish." Rumple said, taking his time to leave by walking to the door.

"No, wait. I'll go with him" The woman finally said. Rumpelstiltskin smiled. The deal had struck.

*****

Rose was staring at a poster in the school hallway. It was an announcement for the school dance for Valentines Day on Saturday when Valentine's day is on Sunday.

"You're staring at that poster longer than most people." Norman said, standing next to her. They had an understanding ever since Norman's drama a few weeks ago. The two had started to take things slow in their friendship. From favorite colors to dabbing a seat at lunch.

"You should go." Norman said to her.

"No one asked me." She replied.

"Do you want to go with me?"

"You're so charming. You're just asking because I'm your friend and feel sorry for me."

"Well, yeah." He admitted. There was no point in arguing. And no Point of convincing her to go. He didn't want to force her only to get her hurt again like when he Took her to the lake. He learned his lesson.

"Okay, I'll go with you." she decided. He quickly looked at her, surprised that she said yes.

It was now the day of the dance. Rose was riding her bike to Golds house to do her caretaker job. As she locked up her bike by the stairs entrance, she took a good look at the huge pink house. She remembered the first time she saw it a few weeks ago.