Ch 7

Little Rosemary was helping her papa, Rumpelstiltskin, with his spinning wheel with Baelfire, her brother, come running in.

"Papa! Rose! They've come for Mariane!" Bae said desperately. Because of the Ogre Wars, the soldiers were going to villages to take men. But as time passed by, they were lowering the age.

They watched the soldiers take their friend, who was barely 14 that day, the twin and their father were terrified.

"Our birthday is in three days." Bae said, fear coming out of his voice.

"They will come for us in three days!" Rose added and held onto her father as tightly as possible. Rumple returned the gesture to the twins.

"We'll find a way, my children. We'll find a way." Rumple said to comfort them. But what can I do?

***************

As Emma entered Gold's shop, she was surprised to see Rose at the front desk.

"You're here?" She questioned the young teenager.

"Well I do work here." Rose said obviously.

"Yeah, but... it's the weekend. Shouldn't you be out doing stuff like normal kids do? Instead of being closed up in this odd place."

"I know I'm different compared to others. But I like it here."

"Seriously?" Rose laughed at Emma's expression.

"Can I help you with something?" Rose asked to remind Emma of her reason for coming to the shop.

"Oh! I got a call from Gold. Is he here?" Emma asked, looking around but didn't see the old man in sight.

"In the back." Before Emma could make it to the back entrance, Rose handed her a safety mask.

"What's that for?" Emma asked the girl.

"To do its job. Protect you."

"From what, Gold's wrath?" Emma joked. Rose giggled at her again.

"No silly. The smell." She explained.

"I think I can handle it."

"Fine then. Don't say that I didn't warn you." As soon as Emma entered the backroom, Rose heard Emma complaining and smiled.

Gold offered Emma some of Graham's things since he died two weeks ago. Rose couldn't get her mind off that. After how Graham had acted and what Henry mentioned to her, she was starting to believe in the whole Fairy tale book thing being kind of true. Crazy.

Gold offered Emma some walkie talkies for Henry to take. But Emma didn't want to.

"Please they- they grow up so fast." He said as he took a glance at Rose, who was filing some papers. Emma noticed this and took the walkie talkies.

"You enjoy these with your boy. Your time together is precious, you know. That's the thing about children. Before you know it..." He stopped and looked at Rose again, who was still working. Distracted by her work to notice them.

"You lose them." He finished saying. He looked sad at Rose. Emma started to feel suspicious of Gold's and Rose's relationship.

***************

Rose was so angry with her aunt after she found out what her aunt was going to do. Fire Emma and Sydney Glass as Sheriff. Even Rose knew he would do anything for Regina because of his insane crush on her. So she did her own research and asked Gold for help.

"You want me to go against your aunt?" He asked Rose again after she explained to him about her plan.

"Yes." She answered, tired of repeating her answer to him.