17

𝐁𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐇𝐃𝐀𝐘
the little things? the little moments? — they aren't little

𝐁𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐇𝐃𝐀𝐘 the little things? the little moments? — they aren't little

ANOTHER TWO WEEKS went by fast. and even though Hope had come to terms with the fact she can't go home, she was still sad because it's her seventeenth birthday and she can't celebrate with her friends and family.

Sighing loudly, she glanced down at her locket and picked up with delicate fingers. It was a necklace that Rebekah had given her when she was just a child. It meant everything to her because it had the Mikaelson crest on it.

And, as if sensing her sadness, Scott and Stiles burst through her bedroom door with a cake they made, singing terribly to happy birthday.

"Happy birthday to you, Hope Mikaelson!" They shouted in sync, and Stiles even did jazz hands. "You're finally seventeen!"

Hope looked between them, her eyebrows raised and trying to not smile. But, once she saw the cake which was bright pink with a terrible font spelling out 'happy birthday Hope', she snorted, and her smile grew huge. It began to hurt her cheeks from how big and genuine the smile was.

"You guys didn't have to do this," she told them as she slid off of her bed. She wasn't even dressed properly for this kind of thing. She was wearing white cotton shorts and a black tank top.

Stiles bounced over to the girl, ignoring her outfit even though it was really hard for him to, and then wrapped his arm around her shoulders. "Come on, Hope. It's not everyday you get to celebrate your birthday in another universe with amazing people like us. More specifically me because I put a lot of hard work into that cake." He pointed to the pink mess and then grimaced as he realized it looked terrible.

Hope looked over at him, her eyes sparkling as the light poured into her room from the windows. "I really appreciate it, Stiles. I just didn't think you guys remembered me telling you about my birthday."

Scott sat down the cake on the dresser and walked over to her before pulling her into a hug. "Of course we remember. And seeing as you can't go back home to celebrate, we decided to take it into our own hands. So... happy birthday."

Tears began to shine in her eyes as she faced back of them. At this moment, she knew for certain that Scott and Stiles were the two most important people in her new life shes going to have to make. They were who she could rely on no matter what, and that they will always have her back. "Thank you," she whispered, and that's when the tears began to fall.

"Don't cry," Stiles said softly before glancing at Scott. They both nodded and pulled her into a group hug. "We're here for you, Hope. Okay? And if you don't want to celebrate, then we won't. Just tell us."

She looked at them through her blurry eyes, and smiled. "I really needed this." She pulled away from them and wiped away her tears. "Alright. Take the cake downstairs and let me get dressed so we can celebrate the right way."