07

𝐀𝐁𝐎𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍
i should be better, but i'm not

HOPE JUMPED FROM her spot on the kitchen counter when Scott walked in with a worried expression in his face

HOPE JUMPED FROM her spot on the kitchen counter when Scott walked in with a worried expression in his face. She frowned and lowered a spoon from her mouth which was covered in peanut butter. "What happened?"

Scott swallowed thickly. "Stiles just called me as I pulled in. He said something about being paralyzed and seeing someone get killed. We need to head over to the mechanics."

Hope nodded quickly and caught up to Scott who was already half-way out of the door. When they reached Melissa's car, Scott got in the driver's seat as Hope jumped into the back, knowing that Stiles will feel more comfortable in the front with Scott.

Fifteen minutes later, they arrived in time to see many cops walking around, and Stiles coming around the corner with his hands in his jacket pockets.

Scott and Hope glanced to each other when Stiles silently got in the passenger seat, licking his bottom lip. "You okay?" Scott asked hesitantly, worried for his best friend.

"Yeah." Stiles glanced at Hope from the rear view mirror before focusing on Scott. "You were right. It's not like you. I mean, its eyes were almost like, reptilian. But there was something about them."

Hope pursed her lips as she leaned forward, her blue eyes narrowed, and brows scrunched. "What do you mean?"

Stiles tilted his head side to side, trying to find the right words. "You know when you see, like, a friend in a Halloween mask, but all you can actually see are their eyes and you feel like you know 'em, but you just can't figure out who it is?"

"Are you saying you know who it is?" Scott frowned, trying to understand what he was saying.

Stiles shook his head. "No, but I think it knew me."

Hope bit her lip. "If it's no trouble, we should try to get a sample of it's blood or saliva or whatever we can get our hands on. Maybe we can do some experiments on it, and hopefully figure out who it is."

Stiles looked back at her with wide eyes. "That's not a bad idea, but I saw what it could do, and I don't want to go anywhere near that thing again."

Hope nodded and then leaned back into her seat. "Alright. I'll do it."

IT WAS THE next day, and the school day was half-way to being over, and the two boys and Hope was sitting at the bottom of the stairs, waiting for the next bell to ring.

Hope was trying to not smile as Stiles spoke to Scott, "I'm so sorry about the other day. I'm trying. We'll get through this. Uh, I know, because I love you. I love you more than — oh, my God. I can't — You and Allison just have to find a better way to communicate!" He exclaimed and that's when Hope broke into giggles. He narrowed his eyes over at the auburn haired girl who quickly shoved an Oreo into her mouth, trying to hide her amusement.