12

𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐆𝐔𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐃
please get out of my head. i'm trying to sleep

THE STRAWBERRY BLONDE made her way into Allison's bedroom, three large Macy's bags dangling from her hands

THE STRAWBERRY BLONDE made her way into Allison's bedroom, three large Macy's bags dangling from her hands. "Clear your schedules. This could take a while," She cheerfully stated, a smile on her face.

With a soft chuckle, Allison grinned as Lydia set the three bags onto her bed.

Hope was sitting on the bed, and looked between the girls with raised brows. She had been called over by Allison because she wanted to have a girls day. And seeing as its Lydia's birthday, it was perfect timing for Hope to actually make some girl friends.

The birthday was sifting through a seemingly never ending amount of dresses, and Allison and Hope looked to one another with amused expressions

"How many outfits do you plan on wearing tonight?" Hope asked in between her and Allison's soft chuckling.

"It's my birthday party," Lydia stated, shrugging. "I'm thinking host dress," she pulled out a strapless, striped dress, holding it up to her figure. "Evening dress, then hmm after-hours casual."

"You remind me of Lizzie," Hope spoke up which had the girls looking to her with confused eyes. She frowned and cleared her throat. "She was my friend. She loves being in control, always planned everything, and she did it all fabulously."

Allison smiled lightly. "She sounds lovely."

Hope nodded and looked away. "Yeah..."

Allison watched the girl with furrowed brows before clapping her hands together. "I noticed that you didn't send out any invites."

Lydia rolled her eyes at the idea, pulling out yet another striped dress. "Biggest party of the year, Allison. Everyone knows."

Allison nodded slowly. "I was wondering if maybe this year things, you know, might be different."

"Why would anything be different?" Lydia asked, completely oblivious to what Allison was hinting at.

"Just 'cause things have been off lately," she laughed nervously, and Hope looked between the girls. "Things and people. Like Jackson."

Lydia instantly froze, her body going tense as her gaze moved away from the dresses and over to Allison. "What do you care about Jackson?"

Hope jumped in to save Allison, and asked, "Do you know if he's coming tonight?"

"Everyone's coming," Lydia stated, grabbing a tan dress. "This one's American Rag. Mmm, I love it. For me, not you two. This one's Material Girl. That's for you." She held out a floral patterned dress in front of Allison. "And Hope, this one's for you."