09

𝐅𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐄𝐌𝐘
i am not who i was

AS SOON AS Jackson was outed to be the Kanima, Derek was the first to run off

"Hurry!" Hope snapped as they raced towards Stiles' jeep. She jumped into the back and let out a grunt as she landed on her stomach in the seat.

The tires of the jeep screeched as Stiles jerked the wheel, and right when they turned into the alley, Stiles slammed on his brakes.

Hope cried out in surprise as her frontside slammed into the seat. But, she ignored that as she looked out of the windshield.

There were tire spikes directly in front of the car as well as a chain linked fence.

"What do we do now?"

Scott flung open the door, leaving the duo as he flipped himself over the gate, not looking back once.

Hope went to follow, but then glanced at Stiles' worried and scared expression, so she slid into the passenger seat. "Come on. We can go look together. But, don't leave my side, alright?"

THE DUO WALKED through the seemingly-empty area and when they approached the backside of the building, Stiles sighed in relief. They had spotted Scott who was peeking around the corner of the building.

Stiles immediately walked over to him and grabbed his arm, scaring Scott in the process. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry." He held his hands up in defense. "Did you see where he went?"

"I lost him," Scott muttered, letting out a breath.

Hope huffed and grew angry with herself. "Seriously?"

"You couldn't catch his scent?" Stiles asked exasperatedly and then turned to Hope. "Can you?"

"I don't think he has one."

Stiles huffed, "All right, any clue where he's going?"

"To kill someone."

"Ah! That explains the claws and the fangs and all that. Good, makes perfect sense now," Stiles replied sarcastically, earning frowns from Scott and Hope. "What? Guys, come on. I'm one-hundred and forty-seven pounds of pale skin and fragile bone, okay? Sarcasm is my only defense."

Hope sighed and moved past them so she could get a better visual of everyone going into the club. There was nothing out of the ordinary. "We need to find it."

"Jackson," Stiles stated and then frowned at himself. "Can't believe I corrected you on that."

"Yeah, I know," Scott agreed, sighing.

"All right, but does he know that?" Hope asked, sighing heavily. She went from dragons to this. Can she ever catch a break? "Did anybody else see him back at your house?"