02

𝐌𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐒𝐀
she had a galaxy in her eyes, a universe in her mind

HOPE LOOKED UP from her place on the bench on the Sheriff Station, and she watched as a Latina woman walked into the building

HOPE LOOKED UP from her place on the bench on the Sheriff Station, and she watched as a Latina woman walked into the building. The woman's brown eyes met her blue ones and she tried to offer the woman a smile, but it was more of a grimace.

She had just found out that there was no Mystic Falls to ever exist, and there was no information on her.

Even though she goes by Hope Mikaelson at the school now, all her medical records that the school had made, amongst other things had her under Hope Marshall. So, she knew that if there was no information behind that name, she knew that she didn't exist at all.

"Hello," the woman said softly as she sat beside Hope, making the sixteen year old look up at her with teary eyes. "You must be Hope." The auburn haired girl nodded and the woman sighed. "I'm Melissa." When Hope didn't say anything, she explained, "Noah has informed me about you and he thinks that you need someone to be there for you."

Hope swallowed thickly as she searched Melissa's eyes. "What's going to happen with me?"

Melissa frowned at the young girl who looked like she needed some guidance in her life. "Well... since Noah doesn't have any room at his place and I have a guest room that hasn't been used in years, I am going to take you in."

"What?" Hope frowned as she looked away from the woman. Her mind was on overdrive, she was trying to figure out what the hell happened to make her end up in this place. "You're going to adopt me?"

Melissa took in a deep breath. "Not exactly. I'm going to be in charge of you and Noah is printing some paperwork out so that the school will understand the situation."

"School?" The sixteen year old mumbled, sucking in a breath.

Melissa nodded and laid a hand on her shoulder. "You're sixteen. You have to go to school or the law will be involved. You'll be starting tomorrow."

"This is..." Hope shook her head and leaned forward, laying her elbows on her knees as she took in deep breaths. She didn't want to seem weak and pathetic in front of these people. "This is moving too fast. I don't even know—" Her eyes widened as she felt a panic attack coming, and she closed her eyes, and breathed in deeply.

"Hey, hey, just take in deep breaths," Melissa ordered calmly as she rubbed her back.

"Is she alright?!" Noah asked with wide eyes as he was walking out of his office. He then realized that she was having a panic attack like his son has had multiple times before.

"I got it handled, Noah," Melissa stated as she whispered calm words to Hope who took in a few deep breaths and let them out.

Hope nodded, and sat back, looking ahead of her, not making eye contact with anyone. "Thank you," she whispered to Melissa, trying to not break down.

"You're welcome, sweetie." She ran her fingers through the girl's hair. "It's going to be alright. I promise. And you don't have to go to school tomorrow if you think it's too much."

Hope pulled back at those words, wiping her eyes quickly. She decided to result to her Mikaelson traits, and shook her head. "No. No, I'll be fine."

Melissa eyed her carefully, noticing how tired the girl was. "Are you sure? You don't have to—"

Hope took in a shaky breath and nodded sternly. She didn't want to seem like a kid who couldn't take care of herself. "I'll be fine."

"Here is the paperwork," Noah stated as he held out a file to Melissa who took it, and looked through it. "I have a spare just in case you lose that one, and then I have one that I'll be sending to the school the first thing in the morning."

Hope looked between them and peaked over Melissa's shoulder to take a gander at the file. "I'm going to play as your niece?" She asked, sniffling slightly as she looked up at the woman.

Melissa smiled at the girl and closed the file, and shoved it on her bag. "Distant, of course." She lowly chuckled. "We should go to a store real quick to buy you some clothes to wear tomorrow."

Hope's eyes widened as she remembered that she'll be going to a public school for the very first time. "I don't — you don't have to. I can just wear this." They all three looked down at her clothes which had dirt all over it due to her fall out of Malivore.

"Nonsense," Melissa said with a small smile.

"Here." Noah stepped forward, handing Melissa forty bucks. "I know it's not much, but I'm the one who asked for your help."

"No, Noah, it's fine," Melissa declined and tried to hand the money back, but the blue eyed man glared at her. "Okay. But, I'm paying you back."

Hope looked between them, being reminded of her mother and father in the slightest way, and it made her heart ache. But, she knew the both of them would want her to be happy and move on. And that's what she's going to do.

But, first, whenever she gets her hand on a map, and in a place where no one will see her, she'll be doing a locator spell to make sure that she really is in an alternate universe. She needed to make sure that there is nothing she can before trying to move on.

After all, she's a Mikaelson and she's stubborn as hell.

HOPE SAT ON her new bedroom floor, it was after her and Melissa had went shopping for a couple of outfits. She had searched the whole house for a map after Melissa went to work, and thankfully the McCall's had one.

She picked up a small knife and nicked her finger and allowed the blood to drop on the map, closing her eyes. "Mur vara en gartus sanguineus." She opened her eyes and watched her blood which should've been trying to find any Mikaelson's that should be on Earth. But, when the blood just stayed still instead of moving and catching fire when it finds it targets, Hope chocked back a sob as she realized what it meant.

Taking a deep breath and she closed her eyes, and used a different locator spell trying to find if Malivore had found himself in this universe along with her. "Ahsorum, dolusantum, infidictus." But, when the blood did the same thing, she growled and stood up abruptly.

"There is no way!" She whisper-shouted to herself and ran her dainty hands through her hair. "There is no way that I am in a different universe. There is just no way!" She turned abruptly and looked at herself in the mirror that hung on her bathroom's door. "What went wrong?"

Reaching up, she played with her necklace that Rebekah had given her, and closed her eyes. "I miss you guys so much."

Sighing, she turned around and swiped the map off of the floor and muttered a spell so that the blood would disappear from the map. "Evanesco." She smiled, at least happy that her magic skills is still top notch before she folded the map and hid it in her closet.

She pulled her hair up into a messy bun and jumped into the bed which she will be sleeping in until otherwise, and closed her eyes, knowing that when she wakes up, she'll be going to school.