Who I Am Hates Who I've Been.

So, I have everything planned out for this story up until part 17 (:

Happy reading!

Comment, Vote, Fan, criticism.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Merry Christmas!"

I'm awoken at the sound of Jenn jumping at me, and the feeling of her little knees going into my spine.

"Okay, get off me and we'll open presents!"

I'm so glad Camden chipped in to buy gifts, especially since Jennifer doesn't know about mom.

What a great Christmas present that would be.

I get up, reluctantly.

'AHHH! I love Santa!"

She unwraps the gifts one by one. There are about 10 gifts, not much, nothing big.

Barbie, elf edition.

Playhouse for barbie.

Wedding set for Ken and Barbie.

Ken.

Unicorn Stuffed animal

Socks.

Clothes.

Fake hair extensions.

Elmo Toy.

CD of the wiggles.

She loved everything. She hugged me, and ran to her room to play with her new toys. She leaves the clothes, socks, and CD in the living room.

I start cleaning up the mess of wrapping paper and gifts that Jenn had left.

I hear the phone ring, but I'm busy so I ignore it.

Jennifer, however, does not...

"Hello?"

"Hi! I'm Jennifer."

"Hello Jennifer, how is your Christmas going?"

"Good! I got Barbies!"

I hear them speaking for a few moments, I run to get the phone.

Too late.

I hear her say the word, 'D-a-d-d-y'.

She knows.

I snatch the phone from her and she gets mad.

"Give it back, Julie!"

She reaches her little arms out and shove them away and put the phone up to my ear?

"What the fuck did you say to her?"

"What you should have a long time ago. Nothing about your mother, that's your job. It's almost the turn of the year, you should really stop lying to everyone around you, Jules."

"Don't call me tha-"

He hung up.

"Go to your room, Jennifer!"

I scream so loud, I can see the tears fill her eyes.

I hear a knock on the door.

I swing it open with the fury of one thousand titans, "What?"

It's Camden, "Sorry, are you alright?"

"Obviously not. Jennifer just found out that I've been talking with her father."

"she just found out? Don't you think she should have known by now?"

"There's a lot of things she doesn't know."

"That's so wrong, Julie."

I snap.

"She's my sister, and it's my decision to what I tell her and what I don't! Is there something in particular that you wanted to tell me, or did you just drop by to tell me what I'm doing wrong with Jennifer?"

I start crying, he pulls me into a hug. A long, tight one.

"It's okay, Julie. We all make mistakes. We all do something we regret. I'm sorry I criticized you, I know you're doing the best you can."

I truly have the best boyfriend.

I slightly pull away just enough to pull him in the door and lean in for, what I hoped would be an amazing kiss.

As it was. Believe me.

I pull away to go and check on Jenn.

"Jennifer?"

I slowly open her door to find her crying. She throws her toys at my face, i dodge most, but one hits me directly in the nose.

I immediately bleed, joy.

I run to the bathroom trying not to spill any nostril blood on the floor.

Camden runs in.

Within minutes she's a giggling ball of joy.

"How did you do that?"

I give him an odd look.

"Just, good with kids. Oh, and it helped that she didn't hate me."

I shove him with the no blood hand. I still have the flood gates of my nose open.

"Baby, tilt your head up. It helps"

Baby.

"Okay."

After about fifteen minutes of looking like a total fool, the gates close and leave me to clean up my nose.

Jennifer goes to sleep, finally.

"It's been a long day, hmm?"

"Well, yeah. It's not everyday you get a bloody nose from flying toys."

"Fair enough."

"You better be leaving, Yaknow?"

"You gonna make me?"

"Obviously not."

He kisses me, not as sweet and innocent as the others, this was needy, passionate, breath taking.

He grabs my waist.

I push him away, too close.

He looks at me like I just killed his puppy.

"Sorry, I need to go."

With that, he leaves me.

Alone.